Happy November, Tribe!
It’s been an amazing year – from the mountains and salt flats of Bolivia to the beaches of Bali, rooftops of Florence, and everywhere in between… The adventures have been countless, and we couldn’t be more excited for much more to come in the new year (and decade!)
With the New Year upon us shortly, change is on the horizon – in this post, we want to let you know of a few updates to our pricing, chapter plans and payment policy which will begin in January 2020.
What do I need to know?
Here’s the short version of what this post will cover – if you’re a skimmer, this is your “table of contents!”!
- Price adjustment for all chapters booked after January 1, 2020
- Simplification of chapter plans
- New payment policy requiring earlier final payment
- All chapters booked before the end of the year retain old pricing
Why are we doing this?
We started this community to revolutionize a lifestyle, bring together amazing people from all over the planet to live and work together, and to deliver as much value to our members as possible – that will forever and always be our #1 priority!
We keep our prices as low as feasibly possible to enable this lifestyle for as many people as we can. But from time to time, we need to review our pricing and adjust it to account for increasing housing prices and operational costs.
We do so in order to keep our community growing and deliver the same value – or more – that we’ve all gotten accustomed to. We don’t do it very often… our last pricing review was more than 2 years ago! 😉
Beginning January 1st, 2020,
the following prices will take effect:
Shared room (T1)
Shared room (T2)
Private room (T1)
Private room (T2)
Note: With the new chapter pricing, joining us for 5+ chapters will now save you $1500 over the 1-chapter plan (a $300 savings per chapter) – that’s a free shared T2 room covered!
Also to note:
- 1 and 3-chapter plans expire when either all chapters have been used, or the 12-month expiration date has been reached.
- 5+ chapter plan may include additional chapters beyond the 5 within the 12-month period.
- We’ve simplified the chapter plan options – now, you may choose a 1, 3, or 5+ chapter plan.
- Our 5+ plan is the most flexible, giving you the ability to add on additional chapters (within the 12 month period) at the best price.
- Full payment now due 8 weeks prior to chapter (previously 6 weeks)
- Failure to complete payment on time will result in loss of deposit and spot opened up to waitlist
- If spot is still available, payment may still be made to secure place in chapter
Once full payment is made (8 weeks prior to chapter), the following cancellation policy will apply:
- Cancelled 6-8 weeks in advance of chapter: 70% refund of final payment (deposit released to future chapter)
- Cancelled 4-6 weeks in advance of chapter: 50% refund of final payment (deposit released to future chapter)
- Cancelled 0-4 weeks in advance of chapter: No refund and deposit forfeited
Note on custom priced chapters:
- We have several higher-end chapters on our calendar for 2020 (including Hawaii and Seoul) which will be custom-priced. More info about specific pricing details will be found on these individual chapter pages.
When do price changes take effect?
New chapter pricing and the above policies will be effective as of
January 1st, 2020.
Anyone who officially books a chapter by or before December 31st will remain at the current pricing. Please note: ‘officially booked’ means that you have asked us to apply one of your $300 deposits to a specific chapter.
A chapter booked at old pricing is non-changeable (i.e. if you decide to cancel that chapter and apply your deposit to a different one, the new pricing will apply).
How does this affect me?
- If you book a chapter before January 1st, it will be priced at the current level. (Booking is non-changeable to be valid for current pricing.)
- If you book a chapter after January 1st, it will be priced at the new level (and all new policies apply.)
Questions or concerns?
If you have any questions at all, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com, and we’ll help you get clear!