August 30, 2021
For the first time ever, WiFi Tribe is heading to the enchanting island of Malta, in the heart of the Mediterranean. Do perpetual sunshine, azure waters, ancient history, local culture steeped in tradition, and delectable cuisine of fresh seafood and mouthwatering "pastizzis" sound like your jam? Then this is the chapter for you. Join us as we explore hidden coves, cobble-stone streets, gorgeous scenery, and the thriving nightlife Malta has to offer. On this cozy island, we will broaden our horizons and forge friendships that span the world as we work, play, and live together in this breathtaking location.
Experience Malta with the Tribe
Malta is filled with rich history, fascinating culture, and outdoor activities that you'll want to come back here for other chapters to experience them all.
Our Home in Malta
2 building side by side
Between 50 to 100 mbps
Sliema, often heralded as the best city in Malta, offers a vibrant and multifaceted experience that sets it apart. We chose Sliema because it has the perfect combination of lively cafes and restaurants, and restful nights.
This seaside gem boasts a stunning promenade overlooking the azure Mediterranean, ideal for morning runs or sunset strolls. Its charming streets are lined with diverse international cuisine, from fresh seafood at seaside restaurants to traditional Maltese "pastizzi" at local bakeries.
We'll be staying in six newly renovated apartments in two side by side buildings, just a 5 min walk to the ferry, which ensures easy access to historical treasures like Valletta and the bustling nightlife of Paceville.
To boost productivity there are numerous coworking spaces, such as “The Hub” and “Supreme Coworking”.
Easter - which in 2024 will be observed at the end of March - is a significant holiday in Malta, with various processions and religious events taking place. It can be a unique cultural experience to witness these celebrations.
Good to Know
March and April are considered the shoulder season in Malta. While temperatures can range from 13°C (55°F) to 20°C (68°F), there may still be occasional rain, so it's a good idea to pack some layers and a light rain jacket.
This period is less crowded than the peak summer months, making it a more relaxed time to explore the islands. However, popular attractions can still be busy, especially around Easter, a significant holiday in Malta.
This is a chapter with only private rooms.
While there isn’t a specific common room, the apartments are all huge and can easily accommodate everyone for Tribal Tuesdays and members can cowork from each other’s apartments.
Add an upgrade to your booking request when filling out the form below.
Book an ensuite with double bed, desk and chair, and AC.
$350 (2 upgrades available)
Add an ensuite room with double bed and AC.
$250 (6 upgrades available)
Pictures are representative only due to multiple upgrades being available.
Join Us in Malta
Learn more about how WiFi Tribe Chapter prices work:
Mar 15 - April 12, 2024
Joining your 1st or 2nd Chapter
Joining your 3rd or 4th Chapter
Joining your 5th or 6th Chapter
Joining your 7th Chapter then for life
Open to current WiFi Tribe members only.
Not a member yet? Apply here.
A few spots are set aside to build a more balanced community on the ground, with a mix of genders, nationalities, ethnicities, and member experience levels. All shared rooms are between 2 or 3 people of the same self-identified gender.
Not a Travel Program, a Community
We live, explore, and build our community together.
Embracing openness and curiosity, as a Tribe, we explore new places and ideas.
Do Life Together
We build relationships to last...the rest of our lives. Retirement-Tribe anyone?
Cocreate the Adventure
Discover how different travel feels when the experience is cocreated and shared as a Tribe.
Reignite Your Work
Realize your goals and dreams knowing you have the world's best cheerleaders in your corner.
Malta Chapter FAQs
Find all general booking FAQs here and Chapter-specific information below.
- Booking requests will receive a link to finalize your booking to pay the full Chapter price payment
- The final full payment is due 8 weeks prior to the Chapter starting. (Note: this means you’ll have from the time of booking until 8 weeks out to submit the full Chapter payment)
- If your full payment is not received 8 weeks before the Chapter start date, your deposit will be forfeited and spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist
- Bookings made less than 8 weeks before the Chapter start date will pay the full Chapter price at booking
The following cancellation policy applies:
- Once the final price and accommodation details are announced, early bookers have 3 days to confirm their booking. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- You have a 48-hour grace period to cancel a trip booking and not forfeit your deposit. If a booking is cancelled within 48 hours, the deposit will be released for a future trip.
- Cancelling 6+ weeks before arrival: 100% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling 4-6 weeks before arrival: 50% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling less than 4 weeks before arrival: No refund. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
We have three amenities categories we look at when selecting the upgrade rooms:
- Functionality: desk, chair, kitchen, ensuite bathroom, privacy, AC, kitchenette or kitchen, fridge, walk-in closet or extra storage space etc.
- How it looks: balcony, terrace, views, size of room, size of bed, windows/natural light, decor, living room or seating area, couch, coffee table, mirror etc.
- Mixed: When possible, the room shares some of both of the above.
- Securing the upgrade guarantees that you get the amenities you've paid for.
- Upgrades that have not been secured will be assigned to members based on a number of different factors by the host (order of booking, circle level, etc.)
- If all rooms have a particular amenity such as AC we do not offer upgrades for that particular
Closest airport: Malta International Airport (MLA)
The airport is about a 30 minute drive to Sliema, accessible by public busses first to Valetta, then Sliema.
In the Chapter's Slack channel before arrival, members often coordinate transportation to our homes together. You'll receive our address 4 weeks from the Chapter's start date.
Make it a Journey
Create connections with more members or meet up with old friends by booking back-to-back Chapters.
From Our Blog
August 19, 2021
October 1, 2018