January 17, 2023
Our 8 Favorite Adventures Around Chile
Take on Valparaiso with the Tribe and discover a new side to Chile. Open your mind to the co-created community experiences, adventures, and classic WiFi Tribe moments that'll make our time here one of a kind.
1. Take a road trip to Cajon del Maipo
Specifically the El Morado Monument. This is a medium hike through the El Morado Valley and up to the San Francisco Glacier. On the way to the NP you are going to pass small villages, rock formations, and waterfalls.
2. Wander the Cerros
A little like Medellin, Valparaiso sprawls up the surrounding hills (cerros) and it's there where you'll find most of the action.
3. Enjoy views of the Andes while soaking in thermal springs
The two most popular springs are Baños Morales and the more picturesque Termas Valle de Colina, the latter of which is home to nine pastel-blue geothermal springs.
4. Hop on a flight to San Pedro de Atacama
It’s the entrance to the driest desert in the world. Make sure not to miss the Tatio Geysers- a mountain valley full of cauldrons of rising steam and one of the largest geyser fields in the southern hemisphere.
5. Get perspective in Santiago
Spend 48hrs exploring Chile’s capital. The boho Bellavista area is great for some food, drinks, & fun and Santiago is blessed with a constant backdrop of snowcapped Andean peaks.
6. Indulge in empanadas and terremotos
The classic Chilean empanada is the 'pino' is a stuffing of beef, onions, raisins, and black olives with a hard-boiled egg, make sure to have it with the national cocktail.
7. Visit a vineyard in the Casablanca valley
Even if you’re not much of a wine drinker, exploring the vineyards of the Casablanca Valley is a real treat as they are simply beautiful properties, surrounded by green vines as long as the eye can see.
8. Go whitewater rafting on the Maipo River
Maipo River offers excellent whitewater rafting adventures all year long. The rapids are Class IV during the summer (Nov - Feb), and Class III the rest of the year.
Our Home in Valparaiso
Up to 80 mbps
We are going back to one of the Tribe's highly rated coliving for community building. We'll have access to two BBQ areas, multiple terraces, and indoor communal spaces with large tables and chairs to work from and a spacious deck that was well used by Tribers for group workouts and gatherings.
The property is a 2000 m2 lot including 2 large homes, 3 independent cabins and a beautiful fruit orchard so there is no shortage of hangout spots!
Cerro Alegre is an artsy, colourful space and is often dubbed a walking outdoor mural museum with incredible city views. Viña del Mar is a 20min cab ride and has restaurants, beaches, and a mall. It is close enough to make a little escape during the week as it's conveniently located. So, if anybody needs to do some serious shopping it's a good place for that.
Every room has a desk and a chair, a closet, or a stand for storing belongings.
Good to Know
The weather in Valparaiso is very mild, it will be early fall when we are going to be there, therefore our home is not equipped with AC. Be prepared for warm days but chilly nights. If you feel cold there are some external heaters in case they are needed.
Similar to Lisbon, Valparaiso is in general a very hilly city, be ready for some uphill walking.
The whole property is made entirely of wood so there is a very strict no-smoking policy indoors or outdoors.
Chile is one of South America's most stable and prosperous countries. Expect higher cost of living prices than in neighbouring Argentina for instance.
If you don't feel like walking the hilly roads everyday, Uber and Cabify are good options and have been reasonably priced on previous Chapters.
Add an upgrade to your booking request when filling out the form below. Pictures are representative only due to multiple upgrades being available.
Private room with ensuite bathroom and a big desk
(2 upgrades available)
Private studio apartment with ensuite bathroom, kitchenette, a table and chair (1 upgrade available)
Private room with ocean view, ensuite bathroom, queen size bed, work table + chair (2 upgrades available)
Private studio apartment with ensuite bathroom, kitchenette, extra living space with a sofa, a table and chair and a TV, private furnished terrace (1 upgrade available)
Private studio apartment with ocean views, ensuite bathroom, kitchenette, extra living space with a sofa, a table and chair and a TV, private furnished terrace (1 upgrade available)
Pictures are representative only due to multiple upgrades being available.
Join Us in Valparaiso
Learn more about how WiFi Tribe Chapter prices work:
Joining your 1st or 2nd Chapter
Joining your 3rd or 4th Chapter
Joining your 5th or 6th Chapter
Joining your 7th Chapter then for life
March 15 - April 12, 2024
Open to current WiFi Tribe members only.
Not a member? Apply here.
A few spots are set aside to build a more balanced community on the ground, with a mix of genders, nationalities, ethnicities, and member experience levels. All shared rooms are between 2 or 3 people of the same self-identified gender.
Not a Travel Program, a Community
We live, explore, and build our community together.
Embracing openness and curiosity, as a Tribe, we explore new places and ideas.
Do Life Together
We build relationships to last...the rest of our lives. Retirement-Tribe anyone?
Cocreate the Adventure
Discover how different travel feels when the experience is cocreated and shared as a Tribe.
Reignite Your Work
Realize your goals and dreams knowing you have the world's best cheerleaders in your corner.
Valparaiso Chapter FAQs
Find all general booking FAQs here and Chapter-specific information below.
- Booking requests will receive a link to finalize your booking to pay the full Chapter price payment
- The final full payment is due 8 weeks prior to the Chapter starting. (Note: this means you’ll have from the time of booking until 8 weeks out to submit the full Chapter payment)
- If your full payment is not received 8 weeks before the Chapter start date, your deposit will be forfeited and spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist
- Bookings made less than 8 weeks before the Chapter start date will pay the full Chapter price at booking
The following cancellation policy applies:
- Once the final price and accommodation details are announced, early bookers have 7 days to confirm their booking. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- You have a 48-hour grace period to cancel a trip booking and not forfeit your deposit. If a booking is cancelled within 48 hours, the deposit will be released for a future trip.
- Cancelling 6+ weeks before arrival: 100% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling 4-6 weeks before arrival: 50% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling less than 4 weeks before arrival: No refund. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
We have three amenities categories we look at when selecting the upgrade rooms:
- Functionality: desk, chair, kitchen, ensuite bathroom, privacy, AC, kitchenette or kitchen, fridge, walk-in closet or extra storage space etc.
- How it looks: balcony, terrace, views, size of room, size of bed, windows/natural light, decor, living room or seating area, couch, coffee table, mirror etc.
- Mixed: When possible, the room shares some of both of the above.
- Securing the upgrade guarantees that you get the amenities you've paid for.
- Upgrades that have not been secured will be assigned to members based on a number of different factors by the host (order of booking, circle level, etc.)
- If all rooms have a particular amenity such as AC we do not offer upgrades for that particular amenity.
34km - Vina del Mar Airport (KNA)
108km - Santiago International Airport (SCL)
The address of our coliving home will be shared about 6 weeks before we arrive.
Make it a Journey
Create connections with more members or meet up with old friends by booking back-to-back Chapters.
From Our Blog
July 15, 2019
April 22, 2017