January 17, 2023
Our 8 Favorite Adventures Around Chile
Take on Valparaiso with the Tribe and discover a new side to Chile. Open your mind to the co-created community experiences, adventures, and classic WiFi Tribe moments that'll make our time here one of a kind.
1. Take a road trip to Cajon del Maipo
Specifically the El Morado Monument. This is a medium hike through the El Morado Valley and up to the San Francisco Glacier. On the way to the NP you are going to pass small villages, rock formations, and waterfalls.
3. Wander the Cerros
A little like Medellin, Valparaiso sprawls up the surrounding hills (cerros) and it's there where you'll find most of the action.
5. Enjoy views of the Andes while soaking in thermal springs
The two most popular springs are Baños Morales and the more picturesque Termas Valle de Colina, the latter of which is home to nine pastel-blue geothermal springs.
7. Hop on a flight to San Pedro de Atacama
It’s the entrance to the driest desert in the world. Make sure not to miss the Tatio Geysers- a mountain valley full of cauldrons of rising steam and one of the largest geyser fields in the southern hemisphere.
2. Get perspective in Santiago
Spend 48hrs exploring Chile’s capital. The boho Bellavista area is great for some food, drinks, & fun and Santiago is blessed with a constant backdrop of snowcapped Andean peaks.
4. Indulge in empanadas and terremotos
Always baked, never fried, the classic Chilean empanada is the 'pino', which is a stuffing of beef, onions, raisins, and black olives with a hard-boiled egg, make sure to have it with the national cocktail.
6. Visit a vineyard in the Casablanca valley
Even if you’re not much of a wine drinker, exploring the vineyards of the Casablanca Valley is a real treat as they are simply beautiful properties, surrounded by green vines as long as the eye can see.
8. Go whitewater rafting on the Maipo River
Maipo River offers excellent whitewater rafting adventures all year long. The rapids are Class IV during the summer (Nov - Feb), and Class III the rest of the year.
Our Home in Valparaiso
We are going back to Valparaiso, Chile! We’ll be staying in artsy colorful Cerro Alegria, often dubbed a walking outdoor mural museum, this hip neighborhood is only 800m from the beach and with incredible city views.
Our home is a combination of a 2000 m2 lot including 2 large homes and 3 independent cabins and a beautiful fruit orchard. You will have access to two bbq areas, multiple terraces, and indoor communal spaces with large tables and chairs to work from.
Every room has a desk and a chair, a closet, or a stand for storing belongings.
Good to Know
The weather in Valparaiso is very mild, it will be early fall when we are going to be there, therefore our home is not equipped with AC. Be prepared for warm days but chilly nights. If you feel cold there are 6 external heaters in case they are needed.
Similar to Lisbon, Valparaiso is in general a very hilly city, be ready for some uphill walking.
The whole property is made entirely of wood so there is a very strict no-smoking policy indoors or outdoors.
Add an upgrade to your booking request when filling out the form below.
Private studio apartment with ensuite bathroom, kitchenette, clothing storage, extra living space with a sofa, a table and chair, a TV and a private furnished terrace with ocean views (3 upgrades available)
Private room with ensuite bathroom, queen size bed, work table, chair, and ocean view (5 upgrades available)
Join Us in Valparaiso
Learn more about how WiFi Tribe Chapter prices work:
Joining your 1st or 2nd Chapter
Joining your 3rd or 4th Chapter
Joining your 5th or 6th Chapter
Joining your 7th Chapter then for life
March 17 - April 14, 2023
Open to current WiFi Tribe members only.
Not a member? Apply here.
A few spots are set aside to build a more balanced community on the ground, with a mix of genders, nationalities, ethnicities, and member experience levels. All shared rooms are between 2 or 3 people of the same self-identified gender.
Not a Travel Program, a Community
We live, explore, and build our community together.
Embracing openness and curiosity, as a Tribe, we explore new places and ideas.
Do Life Together
We build relationships to last...the rest of our lives. Retirement-Tribe anyone?
Cocreate the Adventure
Discover how different travel feels when the experience is cocreated and shared as a Tribe.
Reignite Your Work
Realize your goals and dreams knowing you have the world's best cheerleaders in your corner.
Valparaiso Chapter FAQs
Find all general booking FAQs here and Chapter-specific information below.
Chapter Payments (please be aware of the changes for all 2023 Chapters):
- Booking requests will receive a link to finalize your booking to pay the full Chapter price payment
- The final full payment is due 8 weeks prior to the Chapter starting. (Note: this means you’ll have from the time of booking until 8 weeks out to submit the full Chapter payment)
- If your full payment is not received 8 weeks before the Chapter start date, your deposit will be forfeited and spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist
- Bookings made less than 8 weeks before the Chapter start date will pay the full Chapter price at booking
Cancellations (please be aware of the new policy for 2023 trips):
The following cancellation policy applies:
- Once the final price and accommodation details are announced, early bookers have 7 days to confirm their booking. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- You have a 48-hour grace period to cancel a trip booking and not forfeit your deposit. If a booking is cancelled within 48 hours, the deposit will be released for a future trip.
- You have 1 cancellation per membership year where the forfeiture of the deposit is waived and the deposit released for a future trip.
- Cancelling 6+ weeks before arrival: 100% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling 4-6 weeks before arrival: 50% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling less than 4 weeks before arrival: No refund. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
34km - Vina del Mar Airport (KNA)
108km - Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport (SCL)
The address of our coliving home will be shared about 4 weeks before we arrive.
Make it a Journey
Create connections with more members or meet up with old friends by booking back-to-back Chapters.
From Our Blog
July 15, 2019
April 22, 2017