January 17, 2023
We love living differently, especially in a beautiful location with 10 incredible souls. And when we're tired of researching Airbnbs in between meetings and being "on" all the time, settling in somewhere for a while is a nice change of pace. It's a chance to slow down, finally feel caught up again, and just appreciate staying in a beautiful place for a little longer.
Join us in Bariloche
Coliving in Bariloche is for taking a breather on the edge of the Nahuel Huapi lake. It's the perfect combination of nature and luxurious comfort, where we don't need to do ALL the things. We'll have more time to explore every corner of this nature paradise and leave time to chill out and reset, catch up on life and work, and actually settle in for a change.
From amazing weekend trips, sunrise dancing parties, climbing trips to just sharing mates while working, I will miss all of it and it all definitely added value to my life and experience. - Fellow Triber
All the skillshares - really loved the deep listening one. We did a Saturday Social where each floor contributed a different beverage/experience. A lot of really musical people that were awesome to create with. Hiking to laguna negra the last weekend was my favorite. - Fellow Triber
Too many to count. Tons of skill shares, late-night talks, outdoor adventures, and new adventures. Top of mind was our hike this weekend - where we stayed in a Refugio overnight after a long trek. Everyone was so supportive, brought great energy, and was so much fun to hang out with. - Fellow Triber
Create a Home Base in Bariloche
Welcome home - our luxury villa is full of little details that make it feel like a cozy place you can stay for a while and it's all about the communal spaces. There's a fully-furnished outdoor terrace with a big dining table, BBQ, and hot tub overlooking Bariloche, a lookout tower with a nook and panoramic views, two living rooms, two dining rooms for family-style dinners, a backyard for BBQs, terraces for daily workouts, and great coworking sessions.
Everyone under one big villa roof
Perfect for being social when you want and finding the alone time when you need to recharge.
It's so easy to hang together
Want to go to for a hike, to a cafe, have dinner together, work out or watch a movie - let's do it.
A solid base to get work done
There's a solid infrastructure for remote working. From widespread WiFi to a burgeoning coffee-shop culture, it's easy to stay caffeinated and connected.
It's just so hard to leave
Combine an active digital nomad community with a beautiful location and it's tough to not want to settle in.
Our Coliving Home
In the mountains of
1 big villa
up to 50 mbps & 2
separate ISP provider
Our new cozy home is in the heart of Patagonia, nestled in the mountains with stunning unique views of the Nahuel Huapi lake. This place is the perfect combination of nature and luxurious comfort - it's a fully renovated upscale villa.
17 min drive to the downtown of Bariloche and 15- 30 min drive to endless hiking, rock climbing, kayaking, paragliding, horseback-riding adventures.
There are 8 bedrooms available, with a variety of additional amenities such as ensuite bathrooms, desks, bathtubs, little personal living rooms and a clothing storage units. Scroll through the gallery above to get a feel for what the rooms look like.
There are multiple places to cowork, inside and outside on the fully furnished 80 m2 terrace. There is good WiFi coverage, and most rooms have desks for when you need extra productivity or to take private work calls.
Good to Know
The property manager will be staying on site in a separate cabin/apartment (with its own entrance). He will help with maintenance when needed. He is fluent in English and a good friend of our Chapter Host Geni.
2-3 mountain-friendly cars will be needed for this location. The house is about 15 min by car outside of downtown Bariloche, but most importantly it sits on a hill (incredible views!) accessible by a dirt road only.
Our home has two internet connections with different providers to ensure we stay online whilst being a little more remote.
In March 2023, we did not experience any significant internet issues. However, this being a pretty remote location, occasional stability fluctuations or a power outage may occur.
Join us in Patagonia
Add an upgrade to your booking request when filling out the form below.
Upgrade 1: Spacious 25 m2 room downstairs with a king size bed, big window with epic views, a walk in closet and a work desk and chair. This room also has an ensuite marble bathroom with a bath tub and panoramic views. - $2750
Upgrade 2: A second spacious 25 m2 room downstairs with a queen size bed, panoramic views (the best view in the house), and a work desk and chair. This room also has an ensuite bathroom with a tub. - $2750
Private room: (2 available) 1 king or 2 twin beds, panoramic views, ensuite bathroom with bathtub and small living room /seating area with 2 armchairs and a table. - $2550
Saving Opportunity 1: 1 twin bed with a great view, a small desk + chair and a small ensuite bathroom with shower. This room is comfortable but less luxurious than the other ones $2350
Saving Opportunity 2: 1 twin bed and 1 bunkbed, ensuite bathroom with bathtub. Please note this room is comfortable but less luxurious than the other ones. Has no view or big windows so it's on the darker side - $2250
Shared: (2 available) 2 twin beds with panoramic views and an ensuite bathroom with bathtub - $1560
Pictures are representative only due to multiple upgrades being available.
Feb 9 - Mar 8, 2024
Open to current WiFi Tribe members only.
Not a member yet? Apply here.
A few spots are set aside to build a more balance community on the ground, with a mix of genders, nationalities, ethnicities, and member experience levels. All shared rooms are between 2 or 3 people of the same self-identified gender.
What to Expect Coliving With the Tribe
The Tribe will create shared "house rules" and handle any issues with the accommodations or WiFi with our local contacts. There won’t be a dedicated Host on the ground.
It's a smaller, more intimate group where everyone will live under one roof, there will be lots of catching up with familiar faces over home-cooked dinners.
The vibe, as always, is community-centric; everyone pitches in to plan game nights, weekend adventures, and skillshares to make our time together unforgettable.
Our 8 Favorite Adventures in Bariloche
Bariloche is filled with outdoor activities that you'll want to come back here for other seasons to experience them all. These are our favorite things to do in Patagonia.
1. Stroll through town & by the lake
Bariloche has a cute town center with interesting architecture, quaint shops, and a lake with great views.
2. Test out your asado skills
Fire up the parilla, load on the meats, veggies, and provoleta, and pig out when its ready.
3. Bike to a beer with a view
Along the Circuito Chico, there's the Cervecería Patagonia for a cold one overlooking the lake.
4. Trek to the lagunas atop Cerro Catedral
Find Cerro Catedral a short bus ride away for a day hike to Refugio Frey and two beautiful lagunas.
5. Paraglide high above the tree tops
Fly like a bird while paragliding above Bariloche, you'll get the perfect view of lake Nahuel Huapi.
6. Stargaze while staying at a refugio
After a long day of trekking, cosy up as a Tribe, gaze at the brightest stars, and stay overnight at the summit.
7. Road trip through the Ruta de Siete Lagos
Filled with pullovers for the 7 lakes that sit between La Angostura and San Martin de los Andes, let's drive Rt. 40.
8. Kayak your way across the lake
Kayak to scenic waterfalls on Nahuel Huapi, the region's most prominent lake surrounded by gorgeous mountains.
Colive Bariloche is for you if:
You've joined at least 1 Chapter before.
You want the benefits of taking a breather from fast-paced travel. You either move around less throughout the year already or just need a break before bouncing around again.
You love being early adopters and want to help make this setup the best it can be. You're unfazed by small logistical issues if something doesn’t go to plan.
You're willing and ready to give feedback about every aspect of the journey: before arriving in Bariloche, while coliving with Tribers in Argentina, and after the beta test ends.
Not a Travel Program, a Community
We live, explore, and build our community together.
Embracing openness and curiosity, as a Tribe, we explore new places and ideas.
Do Life Together
We build relationships to last...the rest of our lives. Retirement-Tribe anyone?
Cocreate the Adventure
Discover how different travel feels when the experience is cocreated and shared as a Tribe.
Reignite Your Work
Realize your goals and dreams knowing you have the world's best cheerleaders in your corner.
Bariloche Colive FAQs
Find all general booking FAQs here and more Colive Beta information below.
- Booking requests will receive a link to finalize your booking to pay the full Chapter price payment
- The final full payment is due 8 weeks prior to the Chapter starting. (Note: this means you’ll have from the time of booking until 8 weeks out to submit the full Chapter payment)
- If your full payment is not received 8 weeks before the Chapter start date, your deposit will be forfeited and spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist
- Bookings made less than 8 weeks before the Chapter start date will pay the full Chapter price at booking
The following cancellation policy applies:
- Once the final price and accommodation details are announced, early bookers have 7 days to recommit to their booking. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- You have a 48-hour grace period to cancel a trip booking and not forfeit your deposit. If a booking is canceled within 48 hours, the deposit will be released for a future trip.
- Cancelling 6+ weeks before arrival: 100% refund of the trip payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you recommitted to an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling 4-6 weeks before arrival: 50% refund of the trip payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you recommitted to an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling less than 4 weeks before arrival: No refund. Your deposit is forfeited if you recommitted to an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
We have three amenities categories we look at when selecting the upgrade rooms:
- Functionality: desk, chair, kitchen, ensuite bathroom, privacy, AC, kitchenette or kitchen, fridge, walk-in closet or extra storage space etc.
- How it looks: balcony, terrace, views, size of room, size of bed, windows/natural light, decor, living room or seating area, couch, coffee table, mirror etc.
- Mixed: When possible, the room shares some of both of the above.
- Securing the upgrade guarantees that you get the amenities you've paid for.
- Upgrades that have not been secured will be assigned to members based on a number of different factors by the host (order of booking, circle level, etc.)
- If all rooms have a particular amenity such as AC we do not offer upgrades for that particular amenity.
Closest airport: San Carlos de Bariloche Airport (BRC)
The airport is about a 30 minute drive to the main center of Bariloche, accessible by a public bus (line 72) or taxi. If you're in Buenos Aires before traveling to Bariloche, bring your SUBE card to use for the colectivo buses here.
In the Chapter's Slack channel before arrival, members often coordinate transportation to our homes together. You'll receive our address 4 weeks from the Chapter's start date.
Colives are about staying in a home away from home for months at a time and the reset that comes with it. Take a breather from making big decisions about where you’ll live next, unpack your things and let your bags gather dust for a change, get back into some good habits and routines, and spend time with a family of familiar faces who are settling in for a while too.
On Chapters there’s more urgency to feel, see, and taste everything in 4 weeks and dive headfirst into getting closer with new friends. On Colives, the vibe is more about chilling out with a more intimate group of the friends who we met on Chapters and now feel like family, spreading out our weekend adventures so there’s still time to relax, and appreciating a break from the stresses that come with always being on the go. The coliving setup will be just as community-centric as a Chapter. Like always, everyone will pitch in to plan game nights, weekend adventures, and epic BBQs to make our time together unforgettable.
The Tribe on Colives will also create shared rules and guidelines for living together and handle any issues with the accommodations or wifi directly with our local contacts as there won’t be a dedicated Host on the ground while we’re there.
The community will help steer the direction of our future Colive setups by sharing your thoughts and ideas. Experienced members who love being early adopters have unique insights into making this setup the best it can be, so save a spot in Colombia if:
- You’ve joined at least 1 Chapter before
- You’re an early adopter who is ready to give feedback before, during, and after the Colive. Maybe you’ve thought about how our travels together could be improved before and now want a chance to share your thoughts.
- You’re unfazed by small logistical issues if something doesn’t go to plan
- You want to experience the benefits of slower travel, whether you already live this way or want to dip your toe into the waters
Members can use WiFi Tribe's COVID guidelines as a starting point, but ultimately the exact COVID protocols will be decided as a group. In Argentina, the group can take a majority-rules vote to decide together if they'd like to follow the same guideline or not.
Our community’s guidelines should be followed more strictly, however, as they are basic codes of conduct to treat everyone with dignity and respect. Harassment, reckless behavior that puts the group in jeopardy, and disregard for our shared values won’t be tolerated. Should anything concerning come up, you'll be able to get in touch with the team directly or report concerns through our reporting form.
Make it a Journey
Create connections with more members or meet up with old friends by booking back-to-back Chapters.
June 20, 2020
December 21, 2018