February 7, 2023
This will mark our 9th Chapter in Cape Town! Since we first set foot here 5 years ago, the "Mother City" has become one of the Tribe's most loved and desired destinations. It's not for the faint of heart, but those who seek out a true adventure and jaw-dropping natural beauty will find their happy place here. During the week, we're discovering a buzzing, coastal cosmopolitan city together, and our weekends are for legendary adventures.
Experience Cape Town with the Tribe
Take on Cape Town with the Tribe and discover a new side to the Mother City. Open your mind to the cocreated community experiences, adventures, and classic WiFi Tribe moments that'll make our time here one of a kind.
1. Find serendipitous motivation
"Members were motivating me to work productively by sharing their own tips and inspiring stories of entrepreneurship and travel"
2. Kloof, scoot, and seal snorkel with friends
"Kloofing with a few members of the group and seal snorkeling with others! Oh, and Vespa-ing around town with friends"
3. Jump in the car for road trips & spontaneous dance parties
"One of my favorite moments was in the middle of a road trip to the southern tip of Africa, my car pulled off the road and had a spontaneous dance break for a few minutes. It was fun and life-giving..."
4. Organize a local safari experience
"I wasn't very up for doing a "rich & white" safari and decided to go [with] the Tribe. It turned out to be one of the most genuine experiences of my life!"
5. Come together under the stars
"Fave memory - a giant 16 person singing cuddle puddle on picnic blankets under the stars at an after-dark winery. Classic WiFI Tribe"
6. Grab a board and go surfing
Head to Muizenberg for one of the best surf spots in South Africa for beginners - thanks to the consistent waves and gently sloping sand bottom of the beach.
7. Embrace the sundowner culture
Cape Town is immersed in the most breathtaking views, add a sunset, a drink, a stunning landscape and maybe an occasional whale fin - you have the perfect moment.
8. Take a different perspective
Step off the top, at 1000 meters above sea level, and rappel into pure vertical space, if you love the adrenaline kick, this is a must!
Our Home in Cape Town
We are staying in the popular neighborhood of Green Point, it's known for its parks, sleek restaurants, and easy access to the scenic Sea Point Promenade, V&A Waterfront as well as the city center.
We'll stay all together in one building (3 apartments in total).
Each apartment has a similar setup and all bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms.
The property has a rooftop pool with loungers and BBQ, as well as a high table with chairs. A great setup for our Tribal Tuesdays.
Good to Know
South Africa is currently experiencing load shedding, which you will notice during our Chapter. This impacts electricity availability and internet stability for multiple hours a day, though power shortages are advertised in advance to help plan. MiFi devices and local SIM cards will be available as backups if our homes are affected, but we may experience some outages.
We got generators to cover electricity outages on site.
You got access to laundry facilities.
Walking alone at night isn't advised, we'll take more Ubers than normal here to safely explore the nightlife. Luckily we are all staying together in one building which makes it easier to share rides or walk together as a group.
Add an upgrade to your booking request when filling out the form below.
Private Room with queen bed, ensuite bathroom, vanity/desk,
private access to a balcony with ocean view (5 upgrades available)
Pictures are representative only due to multiple upgrades being available
Join Us in Cape Town
Learn more about how WiFi Tribe Chapter prices work:
Joining your 1st or 2nd Chapter
Joining your 3rd or 4th Chapter
Joining your 5th or 6th Chapter
Joining your 7th Chapter then for life
Nov 17 - Dec 15, 2023
Feb 9 - Mar 8, 2024
Open to current WiFi Tribe members only.
Not a member? Apply here.
A few spots are set aside to build a more balanced community on the ground, with a mix of genders, nationalities, ethnicities, and member experience levels. All shared rooms are between 2 or 3 people of the same self-identified gender.
Not a Travel Program, a Community
We live, explore, and build our community together.
Embracing openness and curiosity, as a Tribe, we explore new places and ideas.
Do Life Together
We build relationships to last...the rest of our lives. Retirement-Tribe anyone?
Cocreate the Adventure
Discover how different travel feels when the experience is cocreated and shared as a Tribe.
Reignite Your Work
Realize your goals and dreams knowing you have the world's best cheerleaders in your corner.
Cape Town Chapter FAQs
Find all general booking FAQs here and Chapter-specific information below.
Chapter Payments (please be aware of the changes for all 2023 Chapters):
- Booking requests will receive a link to finalize your booking to pay the full Chapter price payment
- The final full payment is due 8 weeks prior to the Chapter starting. (Note: this means you’ll have from the time of booking until 8 weeks out to submit the full Chapter payment)
- If your full payment is not received 8 weeks before the Chapter start date, your deposit will be forfeited and spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist
- Bookings made less than 8 weeks before the Chapter start date will pay the full Chapter price at booking
Cancellations (please be aware of the new policy for 2023 trips):
The following cancellation policy applies:
- Once the final price and accommodation details are announced, early bookers have 7 days to confirm their booking. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- You have a 48-hour grace period to cancel a trip booking and not forfeit your deposit. If a booking is cancelled within 48 hours, the deposit will be released for a future trip.
- Cancelling 6+ weeks before arrival: 100% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling 4-6 weeks before arrival: 50% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling less than 4 weeks before arrival: No refund. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
Closest airport: Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
The address of our coliving home will be shared about 4 weeks before we arrive.
From Our Blog
August 21, 2019
August 20, 2019
February 28, 2019