January 15, 2020
When landing in Medellin, we immediately remember why we never want to leave. It's almost become a rite of passage to join the Tribe in the City of Eternal Spring, it's how we know El Poblado and Parque Lleras like the back of our hands. The caffeine will be flowing as we indulge in the coffee culture and cafe hop, staying ultra productive during the week. While our weekends are reserved to explore the jungles, Caribbean coasts, and charming colonial towns just hours away.
Photo Credits: Aura Cotofan, Daniele Ghidoli, Davin Yeow, Jeremy Wright, Julia Kallweit, Michael Bayba, Peter ONeil, Sam De Wys, Samantha Provenza, Timothy Welch
Our 8 Favorite Adventures in
Medellin has been a popular remote work destination for years and it's easy to see why. The city is set up for being productive with a cup of coffee never too far away, and the weekend adventures throughout Colombia are perfect for getting out into nature or relaxing by the sea.
1. Do Guatapé differently
Spend a weekend with your Tribe at this stunning lake villa, go waterskiing, climb El Peñol and explore Colombia's most colorful town.
2. Meet the tallest species of palm trees
Is hiking what you’re into? You will be blown away by how beautiful Valle de Cocora is. It’s one of the must-hike places in Colombia.
3. Experience Medellin from the sky
If you’ve ever dreamed of flying like a bird, this is your chance to make it come true and go paragliding.
4. Culture, coffee & charm in Salento
It's the heart of the coffee region and known for charming locals and Tejo - an explosive game!
5. Drift through Cartagena's vibrant streets
Fall in love with this bustling and colorful colonial city on the Caribbean coast of Colombia.
6. Take a trip to the Rosario Islands
These verdant palm-tree-islands in the Caribbean Sea are perfect for snorkeling in the clear blue waters.
7. Catch the street art in Comuna 13
This used to be one of the most dangerous areas in Medellin but community projects and a series of outdoor escalators have turned Comuna 13 into a colorful art walk.
8. See the sights near Santa Marta
Fly into Santa Marta, wake up and check out the beach, go river tubing, visit Tayrona Nationalpark and get a taste of what a full Chapter in this area could look like.
Our Home in Medellin
4min walk from each other
Our new cozy homes are 4mins apart, and a 5-7 min walk to all the cafes and action of El Poblado; including multiple supermarkets and all the advantages of a quiet street to sleep at night.
There's an indoor as well as an outdoor living room (great for movie nights!), as well as an outdoor furnished patio with a worktable, bbq, and sun umbrella, and a large terrace with a hot tub.
There are 15 bedrooms available. Scroll through the gallery above for a look at each room's setup at the three properties.
There are multiple places to cowork, inside and in the garden. Every bedroom comes with a desk and good WiFi coverage when you need extra productivity or to take private work calls.
Good to Know
A caretaker will be staying on one of our properties (in a different apartment, with it's own entrance). He will help with security or maintenance when needed.
One of the homes has 4 bedrooms, where three of them have a kitchenette and one doesn't. The person staying without a kitchenette will be able to use the kitchen in the other house next door.
Two of the homes are 10 seconds apart, and one of the apartments is a short 4min walk from the others.
Add an upgrade to your booking request when filling out the form below.
Add an ensuite bathroom to your private room and a guaranteed desk /work table
$250 (8 upgrades available)
Join Us in Medellin
Learn more about how WiFi Tribe Chapter prices work:
Joining your 1st or 2nd Chapter
Joining your 3rd or 4th Chapter
Joining your 5th or 6th Chapter
Joining your 7th Chapter then for life
Feb 10 - Mar 10, 2023
Open to current WiFi Tribe members only.
Not a member? Apply here.
A few spots are set aside to build a more balanced community on the ground, with a mix of genders, nationalities, ethnicities, and member experience levels. All shared rooms are between 2 or 3 people of the same self-identified gender.
Not a Travel Program, a Community
We live, explore, and build our community together.
Embracing openness and curiosity, as a Tribe, we explore new places and ideas.
Do Life Together
We build relationships to last...the rest of our lives. Retirement-Tribe anyone?
Cocreate the Adventure
Discover how different travel feels when the experience is cocreated and shared as a Tribe.
Reignite Your Work
Realize your goals and dreams knowing you have the world's best cheerleaders in your corner.
Medellin Chapter FAQs
Find all general booking FAQs here and Chapter-specific information below.
Chapter Payments (please be aware of the changes for all 2023 Chapters):
- Booking requests will receive a link to finalize your booking to pay the full Chapter price payment
- The final full payment is due 8 weeks prior to the Chapter starting. (Note: this means you’ll have from the time of booking until 8 weeks out to submit the full Chapter payment)
- If your full payment is not received 8 weeks before the Chapter start date, your deposit will be forfeited and spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist
- Bookings made less than 8 weeks before the Chapter start date will pay the full Chapter price at booking
Cancellations (please be aware of the new policy for 2023 trips):
The following cancellation policy applies:
- Once the final price and accommodation details are announced, early bookers have 7 days to confirm their booking. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- You have a 48-hour grace period to cancel a trip booking and not forfeit your deposit. If a booking is cancelled within 48 hours, the deposit will be released for a future trip.
- You have 1 cancellation per membership year where the forfeiture of the deposit is waived and the deposit released for a future trip.
- Cancelling 6+ weeks before arrival: 100% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling 4-6 weeks before arrival: 50% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling less than 4 weeks before arrival: No refund. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
Closest airport: Jose Maria Cordova International Airport (MDE)
The address of our coliving home will be shared about 4 weeks before we arrive.
Make it a Journey
Create connections with more members or meet up with old friends by booking back-to-back Chapters.
From Our Blog
September 13, 2019
December 8, 2018