July 16 - Aug 13, 2021
4 Weeks Coliving in Cusco
We can’t count the times we’ve been to Lima anymore, but after every trip we did, our members said, “I wish we’d spent more time in Cusco”. We listened and here we go, one month in Cusco is waiting for you. One month in the mountains, a train ride away from Machu Picchu, ancient ruins, the jungle and a beautiful city to explore, colive and cowork in. Our excitement is through the roof!
Adventures in Peru
From lush jungle to coastal desert, and the towering peaks of the Andes that lie in-between, Peru's breathtaking landscapes are as diverse as the people that come from around the world to see them. No wonder this was one of the centre points of the ancient Inca kingdom. Check out the fantastic video our members, Alex Nerney and Dale McManus, created of our trip to Peru in 2017:
The Lost City of the Incas
Machu Picchu, the ancient ruins high up in the Andes mountains, are regularly obscured by cloud cover, further shrouding the Incan architecture in an air of mystery and excitement. A journey here is 100% not overrated and one of the most memorable experiences in your life! And making the trek with your Tribe makes it even more unforgettable.
The Sacred Valley
Discover an impressive collection of Inca and pre-Inca ruins, adventure sports and local markets.
Life in Cusco
This colorful city offers an array of ancient cultures juxtaposed against modern life – Spanish colonial homes built on top of Inca stone walls, local Quechua culture alongside modern attractions and nightlife. If you ever wanted to try and live 11,000 meters above the sea level - this is your place!
A Foodie's Dream
Peru has been awarded the World’s Leading Culinary Destination for the past 4 years. Ceviche, for example, is a mouth-watering recipe of raw fish marinated in citrus juice and spiced with chilli peppers. But if you're not a seafoodie, don't worry, there's much more than just seafood on the menu. Of course, you may also know Peru for its Pisco Sours, a cocktail best served cold... and in Peru!
Hike the Rainbow Mountains
These multicoloured, striped formations might look more like a pack of Fruit Stripe than a mountain, but we assure you, they’re very much a real destination. Their actual name is Vinicunca and we’re adding them to our travel bucket list ASAP.
Head Out to the Desert
The tiny oasis is beautiful beyond belief and will make you feel like you were in the middle of Sahara and not in South America! It is also a hot spot for those who want to try out sandboarding or dune buggy riding. It’s always one of our most favourite weekend trips.
Get Your Jungle Fix
Peru has access to the upper regions of the Amazon Rainforest. In case you need a break from the high altitude, then that’s your place to be.
Whether it’s seeing pink dolphins or the mysterious tapirs, exploring the Amazon river is always worth the time. The best part it’s only a 20 min flight to Puerto Maldonado, gateway to the southern Amazon Rainforest.
Our Home in Cusco
Picture a beautiful old town with a backdrop of stunning Andean mountains and incredible architecture. That's Cusco, our home for the month. We'll have space for 20 adventurers and as soon as this Make It Happen Chapter is confirmed, we'll share more information about our accommodations.
If you’d like to find out more about what it’s like to live in Cusco as a ‘digital nomad’, including internet speeds, cost of living, and coworking spaces, take a look at Nomad List’s guide.
Ready to Join our Tribe in Cusco?
MIH Chapter | Jul 16 - Aug 13, 2021
If you're interested in our Peru Make It Happen Chapter, please apply to become a member here first.
If you're already a WiFi Tribe member, please submit a booking form to reserve your place in Cusco!
Cusco is a Tier 2 Chapter. Monthly prices start from:
Private Room: $1800
Shared Room: $1100
Note: the rooms are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. All shared rooms are between 2 people.
Wait, what's a Make It Happen Chapter? Click here for more information
What to Expect?
Mountains / Culture / Nature / Adventure / City Life / Jungle / Ancient History
- Accommodation: As soon as the Make It Happen Chapter is confirmed we'll start looking for accommodations
- The Tribe: 18+ members
- Internet: Typical city internet speeds of 7mpbs
- Pace: Easy going mountain life all shaken up with some incredible adventures & cultural experiences
I'm New to this... How does it Work?
WiFi Tribe has an annual membership model: Successful applicants choose how often they want to travel with the tribe within a year and decide what membership they would like. You can find out more about membership prices here.
Are there changes to Chapters due to COVID?
With borders starting to open up again, we collaborated with our community to decide what our first chapters should look like – both in terms of the fun, and the necessary adaptations. With over 100 responses, we've had a lot of feedback and great ideas to work with, so you'll see a few changes to adapt to the current global pandemic.
Most importantly, we all have a responsibility to the local communities that host us in their countries to keep them safe. Of course, we are also introducing new guidelines and policies to keep one another safe and healthy while we live here together.
As you read through our guidelines below, you will see a combination of all the local government guidelines, as well as additional measures to ensure safety for everyone as we travel and live together. In addition, there will be measures specific to each chapter that will be shared with the people attending that chapter during the 2-week online meet-and-greet.
Every Tribe member has been welcomed into WiFi Tribe because we felt that there was an alignment with our 6 values: Respect, Humility, Camaraderie, Curiosity, Passion, and Inclusion. Now, it is more important than ever that we choose to live by them every day. We will enforce the following protocols as necessary, but we are confident that every member on this Chapter will respect fellow Tribe members and the local community.
For all Chapters beyond February 2021, attending members will need to complete a PCR test no more than 96 hours before arriving (regardless of the country's entry requirements). With more countries requiring a negative COVID test for entry, we're aligning our guidelines to adhere to these stricter standards. Members can complete the test in any country and will email proof of their negative test result to the Chapter Host prior to arrival.
Last time updated, April 19th 2021:
As of April 19 2021, this chapter is available to members coming from all countries as long as they comply with Peru’s entry requirements. Except travellers coming from Brazil, the UK or South Africa.
IMPORTANT: As travel regulations are changing rapidly, please make sure you double check your eligibility to enter the country by contacting your local Peruvian embassy, regardless of your nationality or origin of travel, to confirm your continued eligibility.
Our group sizes are already limited to 25 members whether there’s a pandemic or not.
Back in August, we didn’t customize the size of the Chapter to the type of housing we secured. We made a blanket rule to have a maximum of 18 attendees on a Chapter. Since this decision, we’ve decided to now cap the number of participants depending on the type of accommodation and the location, instead.
For example, if we have a property with ample space inside and outdoors, lots of ensuite bathrooms, and well-ventilated community spaces, then we can host a larger group. However, if our home is compact and missing key amenities, then we’ll reduce the group size to a number that’s appropriate for the space.
Our focus has and always will be, the building of a solid, amazing community made up of brilliant, kind, conscientious people. These new chapters moving forward are going to be great for those of you that really want to build amazing relationships and be somewhere beautiful, spacious and rich in natural beauty.
If you feel like you need something more stimulating with a lot of events and people everywhere then it may be better for you to wait it out a little longer for chapters later this year or next year.
New Prevention Protocols
Every Chapter has a protocol document tailored to the specific location we’re in. This document details everything about the local regulations, where to get tested, and what numbers to call if symptoms appear. It’s sent to everybody who is participating in the Chapter before we arrive.
In addition to receiving location-specific information, we’ve created guidelines for what members can and cannot do while attending a Chapter. Using internationally recognized methods for mitigating the spread of Covid-19, members must ask themselves four questions to assess if an activity or situation is safe:
If I go there or join that activity...
- Can I wear a mask?
- Can I socially distance myself (at least 2m)?
- Is it an open and well-ventilated area?
- Will less than 50 people be in attendance?
If the answer is “no” for any of these questions, that activity doesn’t pass the test and is discouraged. If any member participates in an activity that has made others feel unsafe, we also reserve the right to ask that person to self-isolate and take a PCR test at their own cost.
Due to the constantly changing nature of travel WiFi Tribe is not liable for specific travel restrictions or cancellations. Please make sure you have adequate travel insurance and buy flexible tickets. For further information please look at section 10 & 11 of our Terms and Conditions.
We are constantly monitoring the number of cases and local governmental response. We will be evaluating the situation as things change and keep you informed of any changes to our current plans. For further information please look at our Terms and Conditions.
We are in a privileged position where, if needed, we can comfortably be quarantined in our location. If a quarantine was necessary, the properties are equipped to help us spend an extended period of time in lockdown agreeably.
In addition, we will be monitoring the country’s security measures and keeping Tribers informed. Any lockdown that Peru has imposed in the past has limited people from coming into the country, but has not limited people from returning to their home countries. So, if people decide to leave, they should be able to do so.
As of April 19, 2021 passengers arriving from all countries require a PCR or antigen test taken up to 72hours before flying.
Additionally, all travelers must fill out this health form 72 hrs prior to arriving in Peru.
We strongly recommend you revisit the Peruvian COVID government site periodically and 72-48 hrs before your departure.
Health & Safety Measures
Peru has a tier system [Extreme, Very High, High, Moderate] to manage the local health measures. Each few weeks each state dictates separately which restrictions are applicable.
- Masks must be worn by adults and children in public transport or in enclosed public spaces, except when eating or drinking, doing physical exercise and/or if you are disabled or have a respiratory condition.
- You must keep an interpersonal distance (set at 1.5 metres).
- The use of products for individual hygiene (hydro alcoholic gels and soap) is encouraged.
- There is a curfew in place:
Mon - Fri: from 9:00pm to 4:00am
Sunday: 24 hrs
- Gyms, cinemas, clubs, bars and casinos are closed
- Restaurants and cafes are allowed to operate at 30% capacity
- Salons, spas and barber shops are allowed to operate at 40% capacity
- To enter department stores, grocery shops and pharmacies mask and face shield must be worn
Useful Info: The local health number to call in case of Covid symptoms is 113
As of April 19 2021, you are not expected to quarantine upon arrival unless you test positive for covid-19.
IMPORTANT: For the safety of all members and the local community, all participants will be required to take a PCR test up to 96 hours prior to arrival on chapter.
For the safety of all members and the local community, all members will be required to present a negative PCR test taken up to 96 hours before your arrival on chapter.
Your safety is our main priority which is why travel health insurance is required to participate in this chapter. While not required, we strongly recommend that you obtain an insurance policy that will cover the event of contracting COVID-19. Our partner Safety Wings has a very comprehensive insurance. (this is an affiliate link)
It’s going to be a little harder to social distance while living with others, so we need to be extra mindful to ensure everyone's safety and comfort. We require the following:
- Don’t go in each other’s bedrooms if you don’t need to.
- Reduce physical contact with other members as much as possible.
- If you go out, please ensure that you wash your hands when coming back into the house. Routinely disinfect your hands with alcohol gels and antibacterial wipes etc.
- After using communal spaces please make the extra effort to keep them tidy and disinfect the surfaces. Your chapter host will make sure that there is a healthy supply of high quality cleaning products to do this.
- While on chapter, members cannot attend gatherings with 50+ people.
Please consider where you are going - if you individually decide to do an activity like go to a gathering, or crowded place, you could put your fellow Tribers and the local community at risk. Please think about going on adventures that keep you together with the Tribe and involve big open spaces with plenty of light and ventilation.
- Be sure to be considerate. Cover your mouth when you cough and then remember to disinfect your hands afterwards. We will make sure there is alcohol gel stationed in as many areas of the accommodation as appropriate.
- For people sharing a room - please be extra considerate of one another and keep things tidy as much as possible.
- When you’ve finished working and you pack up for the day, if you’ve worked on a table, please give the table a wipe down ready for the next person.
- We recommend that you bring any medicine you may need with you to troubleshoot minor ailments. To prevent misunderstanding at customs, please ensure you bring them in their original packaging. For any medication that requires a prescription, please make sure you bring the original transcript.
- Members can not bring external visitors to the Chapter accommodations. This includes any non-Chapter members as well as external visitors meaning dates, family, or friends who may be in the same city as the Chapter.
- To further ensure everyone’s safety, Bonus Tribing will not be available on this chapter.
An iconic part of any chapter are the weekend trips. We would want those to continue. But now we ask that we think carefully about where we go, the logistics around how we get there and where we stay. Please consider the following when planning weekend trips:
- Can we get private transport? (e.g. hiring cars, hiring a private bus)
- Can we avoid the use of the airport and still get there in a timely manner?
- Is the property or accommodation set up to deal with the number of people going?
- If someone starts to feel unwell, can we get to a local hospital? Can that local hospital deal with potential covid-19 infections?
- Are there plenty of activities that make it easy to social distance?
We are aiming for a self check-in as seamless as possible. We will send you the instructions via slack a couple of days before your arrival with all the relevant details (which villa/house/apartment, bedroom etc). Your chapter host will be present to welcome you and answer any questions you may have.
If you start feeling unwell, the first thing you need to do is:
- Contact your chapter host immediately. You should send a message on Slack and explain your symptoms. Please note that depending on your symptoms we might be required to follow the local health protocols.
- Regardless of the symptoms, please limit your contact with other people and wear your mask.
- Your chapter host will assist you if you need to go to the hospital or we need to send for a doctor.
- You will need to follow up with your insurance policy to deal with any costs but the host will be there to support and keep checking in to make sure you’re doing okay.
We are a family, so be considerate and kind. If you can help with preparing healthy food or doing a little extra grocery shopping to help and keep your fellow Triber well fed and feeling loved, then let's do that and get through it together.
All of our Chapter Hosts will follow a robust process if someone in the group becomes unwell, needs to self isolate, or tests positive for Covid-19. Our processes are taken from EU medical authorities and will work in combination with all local protocols.
At a high-level, if anyone tests positive we’re requiring all members to self-isolate until a medical professional can administer a new test at least 4 days from their last contact with the ill person. If a government provides separate housing for those with a positive test, we’ll work with local authorities to safely move them to the approved location. If governments don’t provide housing, we’ll help the ill member secure new accommodations immediately and arrange transportation that limits human contact as much as possible.
Do these guidelines make a Chapter Covid-19 proof? No, they don’t. We recognize the impossibility of completely eliminating the risks. Our aim is to limit our exposure as much as we can and make decisions that protect local communities, our members, and teammates.
If you feel that a member is doing something that puts you at risk, you have the following options:
- Fill out the anonymous reporting form
- Speak directly to your chapter host
- Speak to the people involved and ask them to be more considerate. This approach is very much dependent on the situation and the people involved so this is not an expectation but an option.
We would ask everybody to remember that when living in a collective situation, you have to be mindful of people around you. We reserve the right to ask people to leave if they are taking unnecessary risks and putting others in danger. So we ask that you don’t take these things lightly regardless of your personal views on the matter.
This system also applies to any other grievances that pertain to any instances of things like harassment, bullying or other forms of abuse. Please see our Terms and Condition for more details.