January 17, 2023
Experience Ecuador with the Tribe
Take on Quito with the Tribe and make it your new home base for one month. Open your mind to the cocreated community experiences, adventures, and classic WiFi Tribe moments that'll make our time here one of a kind.
The Gateway to the Northern Amazon
One of the Tribe's favorite weekend trips is Baños. It's a 3.5 hour drive from Quito and sits in between lush mountains making it possible to swing off the end of the world and zip line over gorges.
Vamos a la playa!
Ready for a little beach getaway? Then head to Montañita. The town is packed with shops and eclectic food stands and at night the Reggae music blasts while gringos and vacationing Ecuadorians pack the streets.
Explore the Galápagos Islands after the Chapter
The Galapagos Islands are one of the most magical places we ever visited with the Tribe. A weekend isn't enough time to explore the islands and meet the wildlife so organizing a side trip after the Chapter is the perfect way to spend a little more time together.
Trekking through peaceful, pristine nature
The Quilotoa Loop is a beautiful hiking area in the Central Highlands. On past Chapters, we loved the views of the Cotapaxi volcano and weaving through small Andean villages with unique markets.
Wander through Guayaquil
The best way to get to Guayaquil is to take a quick flight from Quito. Once there, stroll through colorful neighborhoods, riverfront promenades, and the Churute forest and cocoa farms.
Meet the Chapter Hosts
Originally from Argentina. She is an adventure enthusiast, drummer and lover of deep conversations. She is excited about immersing herself in different cultures. You will most likely find her with mate in hand, cooking, learning something new, or listening to music.
Our Home in Quito
We're staying in Cumbayá, a hip neighborhood about a 20 min drive from central Quito. It's filled with cafes, restaurants, and coworking spaces and there's El Chaquiñán next door, an 18km green path for running and biking.
Our new home is perfectly made for coliving purposes with lots of large communal spaces. It has a large green backyard, an outdoor kitchen, a BBQ, and a fully furnished terrace. There's a living room and 2 large dining tables for coworking and a small gym/yoga space for workouts (with yoga mats and dumbbells).
Each bedroom has an ensuite bathroom, a desk, chair, wardrobe, fan, and TV.
Good to Know
Days will be warm and nights could get chillier so be sure to pack layers. Our weekend trips will also bring us to different climates, from jungles, highlands, and beaches.
Altitude sickness is common in the first few days of arrival in Quito. Take it slow and stay hydrated, the body will adjust in about 3-5 days. Cumbayá is also a hilly neighborhood so it'll take some time to not feel out of breath when walking around.
Cabs are inexpensive in Quito, 20-30 minute rides typically cost around $4.
Add an upgrade to your booking request when filling out the booking form below.
Loft suites: 30 sqm with queen bed, ensuite bathroom, desk, dining room, and full kitchen, closet, mirror, nightstand, tv - 2 rooms available
Large 18sqm room: ensuite bathroom, a double bed, large desk, large closets + a private furnished terrace - 1 room available
Large 18sqm room: ensuite bathroom, a double bed, large desk, large closet - 2 rooms available
Join Us in Quito
Learn more about how WiFi Tribe Chapter prices work:
Joining your 1st or 2nd Chapter
Joining your 3rd or 4th Chapter
Joining your 5th or 6th Chapter
Joining your 7th Chapter then for life
Aug 4 - Sep 1, 2022
Open to current WiFi Tribe members only.
Not a member? Apply here.
Booking requests are confirmed in the order they're received. We also set aside a few spots to ensure a better Chapter experience by balancing the mix of genders, nationalities, ethnicities, and member experience levels. All shared rooms are between 2 people of the same self-identified gender.
Not a Travel Program, a Community
We live, explore, and build our community together.
Embracing openness and curiosity, as a Tribe, we explore new place and ideas.
Do Life Together
We build relationships to last...the rest of our lives. Retirement-Tribe anyone?
Cocreate the Adventure
Discover how different travel feels when the experience is cocreated and shared as a Tribe.
Reignite Your Work
Realize your goals and dreams knowing you have the world's best cheerleaders in your corner.
Ecuador Chapter FAQs
Find all general booking FAQs here and Chapter-specific information below.
Chapter Payments (please be aware of the changes for all 2023 Chapters):
- Booking requests will receive a link to finalize your booking to pay the full Chapter price payment
- The final full payment is due 8 weeks prior to the Chapter starting. (Note: this means you’ll have from the time of booking until 8 weeks out to submit the full Chapter payment)
- If your full payment is not received 8 weeks before the Chapter start date, your deposit will be forfeited and spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist
- Bookings made less than 8 weeks before the Chapter start date will pay the full Chapter price at booking
Cancellations (please be aware of the new policy for 2023 trips):
The following cancellation policy applies:
- Once the final price and accommodation details are announced, early bookers have 7 days to confirm their booking. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- You have a 48-hour grace period to cancel a trip booking and not forfeit your deposit. If a booking is cancelled within 48 hours, the deposit will be released for a future trip.
- Cancelling 6+ weeks before arrival: 100% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling 4-6 weeks before arrival: 50% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling less than 4 weeks before arrival: No refund. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
Closest airport: The Mariscal Sucre International Airport in Quito (UIO)
In the Chapter's Slack channel before arrival, members often coordinate transportation to our homes together. You'll receive our address 4 weeks from the Chapter's start date.
Make it a Journey
Create connections with more members or meet up with old friends by booking back-to-back Chapters.
From Our Blog
October 28, 2020