October 28, 2020
Unplug from life's daily grind to find connections with a unique local community, oneself, and the spiritual nature that encompasses Dahab. Be a trailblazer, where adventurous travelers will find affordable diving certifications, legendary underwater sites, and other-worldly mountains and deserts to explore atop a camel's back. In between the adrenaline rushes, we'll slow it down the Dahab way: taking time to sip some tea and soak in the good vibrations.
Experience Dahab with the Tribe
Take on Dahab with the Tribe and discover a new side to Egypt. Open your mind to the cocreated community experiences, adventures, and classic WiFi Tribe moments that'll make our time here one of a kind.
Dive to Egypt's most treasured spots
PADI diving certifications are affordable so it's time to take the plunge. Try a night dive, explore underwater caves, keep it simple delving into the Blue Lagoon, or take a risk at the Blue Hole.
Move around like the original nomads
Traverse the beaches or wander the White Canyons, in Egypt it won't be by horse. Camels are the 4-legged friend of choice in Dahab and are considered "gifts from god" by the local Bedouin tribe.
Don't choose between the mountains, sea, or desert–experience them all
Nestled between the Sinai golden mountains and sitting next to the reefs of the Red Sea, Dahab is not a place where you have to compromise. Go by jeep or camel through the deserts whose sprawling dunes and canyons are just 45 minutes away, chances are you haven't seen this side of nature before.
Taking it easy takes on new meaning
It's true there's lots of heart-racing adventures here, but take the local culture to heart and indulge in...doing nothing. Making time to sip herbal tea, taking it all in, and embracing a slower pace is the Egyptian way.
Soul search in a spiritual spot
Mount Sinai and the desert is a magnet for mindfulness and serious tranquility. For a trifecta of spirituality, take tour of the Monastery of St. Catherine, a scared area for Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.
Our Home in Dahab
Central Mashraba District
Up to 30 mbps
Our favorite Egyptian beach town is lodged between mountains, a desert, and the sea. It's a stunning place, especially when the sun sets over the Saudi Arabian mountain ranges on the other side of the Red Sea.
Each room has a desk, A/C and space heater, a terrace, an ensuite bathroom, and WiFi. There's also an option to upgrade to a room with a sea view and balcony, see more info below.
The hotel has an on-site restaurant where a large section will be reserved for us with easy access to a fully outfitted the kitchen. There are epic sea views, WiFi for coworking, and a few cute cats that will be our furry coworkers.
Similar to other laidback beach destinations, our accommodations are simple with local charm and decor, and all the amenities we need while in town.
There's a dive center attached to the property which offers PADI certifiation courses, and the Blue Hole diving site is 30 minute drive away. If you don't have your diving certificate yet, this is THE place to do it. It's stunning and inexpensive
Good to Know
This will be our 3rd time back in Dahab and we've had workable WiFi both times, with occasional hiccups and dips in speed.
Since our last Chapter there, our landlord has upgraded the speed, but glitches may still happen occasionally.
We always have MiFi devices as internet backups on Chapters. As an extra backup, we'll also provide SIM cards with data to everyone on this Chapter that you can put into your phone to use as a hotspot for extra flexibility.
There are also lots of cute cafes and restaurants walking distance from our home to work from!
Note: If your company requires you to use a corporate VPN, it may not work in Egypt, but Tribers on past Chapters were able to use commercial VPNs (such as ExpressVPN).
Cats! Egypt loves its cats (they go waaaaay back) and there are lots of them in Dahab. They often hang out with us in the cowork area. All that to say, if you have a cat allergy, maybe Dahab isn't the best spot for you!
We'll be visiting Dahab during the cool season. As it is a desert area, it can get cold at night (13C/55F) but sunny and warm during the day (25C/77F). We recommend bringing layers to be comfy (and for hiking!).
Our local hosts can help us organize bike or car rentals and trips to Mount Sinai and the Monastery of St. Catherine.
Add an upgrade to your booking request when filling out the form below.
Add a private balcony with sea views to a private room (3 upgrades available)
Pictures are representative only due to multiple upgrades being available
Join Us in Dahab
Learn more about how WiFi Tribe Chapter prices work:
Joining your 1st or 2nd Chapter
Joining your 3rd or 4th Chapter
Joining your 5th or 6th Chapter
Joining your 7th Chapter then for life
Nov 17 - Dec 15, 2023
Open to current WiFi Tribe members only.
Not a member? Apply here.
A few spots are set aside to build a more balanced community on the ground, with a mix of genders, nationalities, ethnicities, and member experience levels. All shared rooms are between two or three people of the same self-identified gender.
Not a Travel Program, a Community
We live, explore, and build our community together.
Embracing openness and curiosity, as a Tribe, we explore new places and ideas.
Do Life Together
We build relationships to last...the rest of our lives. Retirement-Tribe anyone?
Cocreate the Adventure
Discover how different travel feels when the experience is cocreated and shared as a Tribe.
Reignite Your Work
Realize your goals and dreams knowing you have the world's best cheerleaders in your corner.
Dahab Chapter FAQs
Find all general booking FAQs here and Chapter-specific information below.
- Booking requests will receive a link to finalize your booking to pay the full Chapter price payment
- The final full payment is due 8 weeks prior to the Chapter starting. (Note: this means you’ll have from the time of booking until 8 weeks out to submit the full Chapter payment)
- If your full payment is not received 8 weeks before the Chapter start date, your deposit will be forfeited and spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist
- Bookings made less than 8 weeks before the Chapter start date will pay the full Chapter price at booking
The following cancellation policy applies:
- Once the final price and accommodation details are announced, early bookers have 7 days to confirm their booking. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- You have a 48-hour grace period to cancel a trip booking and not forfeit your deposit. If a booking is cancelled within 48 hours, the deposit will be released for a future trip.
- Cancelling 6+ weeks before arrival: 100% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling 4-6 weeks before arrival: 50% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling less than 4 weeks before arrival: No refund. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
We have three amenities categories we look at when selecting the upgrade rooms:
- Functionality: desk, chair, kitchen, ensuite bathroom, privacy, AC, kitchenette or kitchen, fridge, walk-in closet or extra storage space etc.
- How it looks: balcony, terrace, views, size of room, size of bed, windows/natural light, decor, living room or seating area, couch, coffee table, mirror etc.
- Mixed: When possible, the room shares some of both of the above.
- Securing the upgrade guarantees that you get the amenities you've paid for.
- Upgrades that have not been secured will be assigned to members based on a number of different factors by the host (order of booking, circle level, etc.)
- If all rooms have a particular amenity such as AC we do not offer upgrades for that particular amenity.
Closest airport: Sharm el Sheikh International Airport (SSH)
In the Chapter's Slack channel before arrival, members often coordinate transportation to our homes together. You'll receive our address 4 weeks from the Chapter's start date.
Make it a Journey
Create connections with more members or meet up with old friends by booking back-to-back Chapters.