August 30, 2021
We are back - again! We're excited to dip our toes for the 3rd time into the warm turquoise waters of this mystical Greek island, Crete! Last time, we loved it so much that we decided to stay longer to explore it's hidden beaches, ancient architecture and landscapes, weaving in lively cities and dreamy villages, where locals share their traditions, delicious Greek cuisine and generous spirit. Paired with ideal coliving, an inspiring coworking setup, and of course our down-to-earth badass Tribers, this chapter promises to be yet another epic adventure.
Ready to join the Tribe? Apply here.
Experience Crete with the Tribe
Take on Crete with the Tribe and discover a new side to Greece. Open your mind to the co-created community experiences, adventures, and classic WiFi Tribe moments that'll make our time here one of a kind.
1. Explore the Colorful Streets
Crete is the perfect balance of cultural and historical immersion to bring you back in time. Think breezy aperitivo lunches in local seaside tavernas, the wild juxtaposition of ancient historical ruins, iconic Greek islands, and the colorful local culture in small towns
2. Swim on Balos Beach
The Bay of Balos is simply stunning and is one of the iconic pictures of western Crete. The water here is beautiful jade color and is always crystal clear. It is also a nature reserve for birds, sea turtles, and the Mediterranean seal.
3. Big, big nature..and lots of it!
No island in Greece does dramatic quite like Crete. Mountain ranges have risen across the island, with cloud-piercing tips sending water cutting through the limestone terrain to leave a legacy of more than 400 canyons and gorges.
4. Afterwork: Ocean Edition
Pamper yourself with a unique experience to dive into the crystal clear waters around the island. Enjoy a majestic sunset on the water, taste local Cretan wine, and take unforgettable pictures on the upper deck overlooking the sea during sunset.
5. Wander through the exotic palm grove of Preveli Lake
Believe it, or not - one of Europe’s most exotic landscapes is found in Crete. With its palm grove, saltwater lagoon, and dramatic Cretan gorge as scenery, Preveli beach takes exotic to a whole new level. Take a walk or ride along the river, through the palm trees and the oleanders to the gorge.
6. Lounge at the Beach of Elafonissi
Throw on your shades, shorts, and hit the clear turquoise waters of Elefanoissi (and the numerous other beaches down the coastline!) for days of paradise along the coast. Elafonissi Beach in particular is known for it's pink sand and crystal clear water. This is the place for the quintessential Greek beach experience!
Crete Unfiltered - 2021/22 with the Tribe
Our Homes in Crete
5 villas in 1 complex
Up to 19 members
50 - 80 MB
Koutsouras and nearby Makry Gialos are small seafront villages with restaurants and bars. The nature and the mountain villages nearby are beautiful.
Hiking is superb this time of the year and there are many gorges (some with waterfalls) for us to explore. One is within walking distance from the villas!
We will be staying in 5 villas in the same complex, at a max of 3 minutes walk from each other. We will most likely gather in the largest one, Villa 2, for Tribal Tuesdays and other group shenanigans.
We have access to a pool, terrace, yard, and bbq #VIBES and all the rooms have AC.
Good to Know
This chapter is an outdoor-lover's paradise. If you love hiking, swimming, boating, and daily excursions, this is the chapter for you. If you're looking for city-vibes, this may not be your preferred location.
Siesta is a thing in Crete too! Businesses in town are typically open from 8 am to 2 pm and then again in the afternoon from 5 to 9 pm.
The town of Koutsouras is in the southern part of Crete, which is the warmer part of the island at an average of 19 -24 degrees. It can get chillier at night.
Renting cars is advisable for exploring the island and accessing the larger towns nearby, but the landlord can also help facilitate vans and drivers for day-to-day activities.
Add an upgrade to your booking request when filling out the form below.
Private room with ensuite bathroom, work table + chair (4 upgrades available)
Private room with ensuite bathroom, work table + chair and a tub (3 upgrades available)
Private room with ensuite bathroom, work table + chair, large private balconies with hammocks with partial sea views (2 upgrades available)
Pictures are representative only due to multiple upgrades being available.
Join Us in Crete
Learn more about how WiFi Tribe Chapter prices work:
Joining your 1st or 2nd Chapter
Joining your 3rd or 4th Chapter
Joining your 5th or 6th Chapter
Joining your 7th Chapter then for life
April 19 - May 17, 2024
Open to current WiFi Tribe members only.
Not a member yet? Apply here.
A few spots are set aside to build a more balanced community on the ground, with a mix of genders, nationalities, ethnicities, and member experience levels. All shared rooms are between 2 or 3 people of the same self-identified gender.
Not a Travel Program, a Community
We live, explore, and build our community together.
Embracing openness and curiosity, as a Tribe, we explore new places and ideas.
Do Life Together
We build relationships to last...the rest of our lives. Retirement-Tribe anyone?
Cocreate the Adventure
Discover how different travel feels when the experience is cocreated and shared as a Tribe.
Reignite Your Work
Realize your goals and dreams knowing you have the world's best cheerleaders in your corner.
Crete Chapter FAQs
Find all general booking FAQs here and Chapter-specific information below.
- Booking requests will receive a link to finalize your booking to pay the full Chapter price payment
- The final full payment is due 8 weeks prior to the Chapter starting. (Note: this means you’ll have from the time of booking until 8 weeks out to submit the full Chapter payment)
- If your full payment is not received 8 weeks before the Chapter start date, your deposit will be forfeited and spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist
- Bookings made less than 8 weeks before the Chapter start date will pay the full Chapter price at booking
The following cancellation policy applies:
- Once the final price and accommodation details are announced, early bookers have 7 days to confirm their booking. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- You have a 48-hour grace period to cancel a trip booking and not forfeit your deposit. If a booking is cancelled within 48 hours, the deposit will be released for a future trip.
- Cancelling 6+ weeks before arrival: 100% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling 4-6 weeks before arrival: 50% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling less than 4 weeks before arrival: No refund. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
Closest airport: Heraklion International Airport (HER)
The villas are about a 90-minute drive from the airport. Their manager, Romeo, can help you book a shuttle. It will be around 300 euros one-way, depending on the number of people.
In the Chapter's Slack channel before arrival, members often coordinate transportation to our homes together. You'll receive our address 4 weeks from the Chapter's start date.
We have three amenities categories we look at when selecting the upgrade rooms:
- Functionality: desk, chair, kitchen, ensuite bathroom, privacy, AC, kitchenette or kitchen, fridge, walk-in closet or extra storage space etc.
- How it looks: balcony, terrace, views, size of room, size of bed, windows/natural light, decor, living room or seating area, couch, coffee table, mirror etc.
- Mixed: When possible, the room shares some of both of the above.
- Securing the upgrade guarantees that you get the amenities you've paid for.
- Upgrades that have not been secured will be assigned to members based on a number of different factors by the host (order of booking, circle level, etc.)
- If all rooms have a particular amenity such as AC we do not offer upgrades for that particular amenity.
Make it a Journey
Create connections with more members or meet up with old friends by booking back-to-back Chapters.
From Our Blog
August 19, 2021
September 24, 2018