June 20, 2020
Apr 21 - May 19, 2023
Experience Kyoto with the Tribe
Take on Kyoto with the Tribe and discover a new side to Japan. Open your mind to the co-created community experiences, adventures, and classic WiFi Tribe moments that'll make our time here one of a kind.
1. Gawk at and climb Mount Fuji for sunrise
Take a trip to the picturesque Mount Fuji and enjoy the stunning views.
2. Explore the bustling city of Tokyo
Including sights such as the Tokyo Skytree, the Meiji Shrine, and the Tokyo Tower
3. Visit the temples and shrines in Kyoto
Such as Kinkakuji (the Golden Pavilion), Fushimi Inari Shrine, and Kiyomizu-dera.
4. Learn more about the Japanese cuisine
Join a sushi-making class, experience a traditional tea ceremony, or dive in ramen, tempura and teriyaki.
5. Soak in an onsen
Take a hot springs bath, or "onsen," at one of the many natural hot springs found throughout Japan.
6. Feed Deer in Nara
Visit the historic city of Nara, home to the famous Todai-ji temple and the roaming deer park.
7. Immerse yourself in the vibrant nightlife
In cities like Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto, which offer a wide variety of bars, clubs, and live music venues.
8. Admire the Sakura during Cherry Blossom
The forecast for Cherry Blossom in Kyoto is estimated to last until early April. So hopefully we'll still get a glimpse of it.
Our Home in Kyoto
We are immersing ourselves in true Japanese culture by staying in the traditional Kamigyo Ward. This iconic neighborhood is known as much for the stunning gardens of the Kyoto Imperial Palace, the weaving district with traditional wooden houses,
small taverns and soba noodle bars nearby. Fabulously connected by one of the best public transport systems in the world, we can easily access most of the city.
We'll stay across 5 homes (15 rooms) and all of them are going to be 2-10min walking from each other.
Each room comes with AC. We got access to multiple kitchens, lounges, and dining rooms. Be aware that it's very common in Japan to have low tables to eat.
You'll have the chance to have a very local experience with some rooms being typical Japanese-style split by wall dividers and have the option to sleep on tatamis. During our last chapter, a lot of people enjoyed the experience.
Good to Know
We are very excited to finally be able to return to Japan and experience the wonderful yet different culture. Meaning: smaller homes, minimalistic decor, and shared and multifunctional spaces. This is a great chapter for anyone who is ready to step out of their comfort zone and experience something very new. Anyone who prefers high levels of privacy or lots of personal space, in general, might struggle in this destination.
Very common in the Japanese culture is to have showers/ bathtubs separate from the toilet, which you are going to see at our homes as well.
This is a large city and the best way around is to use the great public transportation system
Add an upgrade to your booking request when filling out the form below.
Private room with a desk (8 upgrades available)
Add a reduced rate to your booking request when filling out the form below.
The Semi-Private Room 1 is a large space with a bed and with a large wall/divider to provide privacy (1 available)
$300 off a Private Room
The Semi-Private Room 2 is a large space with a bed a large wall/divider to provide privacy, however, to access it you need to go through the Semi-Private Room 1
$300 off a Private Room
Join Us in Kyoto
Learn more about how WiFi Tribe Chapter prices work:
Joining your 1st or 2nd Chapter
Joining your 3rd or 4th Chapter
Joining your 5th or 6th Chapter
Joining your 7th Chapter then for life
April 21 - May 19, 2023
Open to current WiFi Tribe members only.
Not a member? Apply here.
A few spots are set aside to build a more balanced community on the ground, with a mix of genders, nationalities, ethnicities, and member experience levels. All shared rooms are between 2 or 3 people of the same self-identified gender.
Not a Travel Program, a Community
We live, explore, and build our community together.
Embracing openness and curiosity, as a Tribe, we explore new places and ideas.
Do Life Together
We build relationships to last...the rest of our lives. Retirement-Tribe anyone?
Cocreate the Adventure
Discover how different travel feels when the experience is cocreated and shared as a Tribe.
Reignite Your Work
Realize your goals and dreams knowing you have the world's best cheerleaders in your corner.
Kyoto Chapter FAQs
Find all general booking FAQs here and Chapter-specific information below.
Chapter Payments (please be aware of the changes for all 2023 Chapters):
- Booking requests will receive a link to finalize your booking to pay the full Chapter price payment
- The final full payment is due 8 weeks prior to the Chapter starting. (Note: this means you’ll have from the time of booking until 8 weeks out to submit the full Chapter payment)
- If your full payment is not received 8 weeks before the Chapter start date, your deposit will be forfeited and spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist
- Bookings made less than 8 weeks before the Chapter start date will pay the full Chapter price at booking
Cancellations (please be aware of the new policy for 2023 trips):
The following cancellation policy applies:
- Once the final price and accommodation details are announced, early bookers have 7 days to confirm their booking. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- You have a 48-hour grace period to cancel a trip booking and not forfeit your deposit. If a booking is cancelled within 48 hours, the deposit will be released for a future trip.
- Cancelling 6+ weeks before arrival: 100% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling 4-6 weeks before arrival: 50% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling less than 4 weeks before arrival: No refund. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
Closest airport: Osaka Airport (ITM)
The address of our coliving home will be shared about 4 weeks before we arrive.
From Our Blog
May 22, 2020
February 19, 2020
Where are the best places to live in Asia for digital nomads?