June 20, 2020
We're heading back to one of the Tribers favourite destinations, Japan! Gawk at Mount Fuji after a sunrise hike, get into the Tokyo hustle bustle and dive into natural hot springs (or sushi, ramen and tempura!)
Experience Kyoto with the Tribe
Take on Kyoto with the Tribe and discover a new side to Japan. Open your mind to the co-created community experiences, adventures, and classic WiFi Tribe moments that'll make our time here one of a kind.
1. Gawk at and climb Mount Fuji for sunrise
Take a trip to the picturesque Mount Fuji and enjoy the stunning views.
2. Explore the bustling city of Tokyo
Including sights such as the Tokyo Skytree, the Meiji Shrine, and the Tokyo Tower
3. Visit the temples and shrines in Kyoto
Such as Kinkakuji (the Golden Pavilion), Fushimi Inari Shrine, and Kiyomizu-dera.
4. Learn more about the Japanese cuisine
Join a sushi-making class, experience a traditional tea ceremony, or dive in ramen, tempura and teriyaki.
5. Soak in an onsen
Take a hot springs bath, or "onsen," at one of the many natural hot springs found throughout Japan.
6. Feed Deer in Nara
Visit the historic city of Nara, home to the famous Todai-ji temple and the roaming deer park.
7. Immerse yourself in the vibrant nightlife
In cities like Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto, which offer a wide variety of bars, clubs, and live music venues.
8. Admire the Sakura during Cherry Blossom
The forecast for Cherry Blossom in Kyoto is estimated to last until early April. So hopefully we'll still get a glimpse of it.
Kyoto Unfiltered - 2023 Chapter
Our Home in Kyoto
Up to 100 mbps
We are immersing ourselves in true Japanese culture by staying in the traditional Kamigyo Ward. This iconic neighborhood is known as much for the stunning gardens of the Kyoto Imperial Palace, the weaving district with traditional wooden houses,
small taverns and soba noodle bars nearby. Fabulously connected by one of the best public transport systems in the world, we can easily access most of the city.
We'll stay across 5 homes and all of them are a 2-10min walk from each other.
Each room comes with AC. We got access to multiple kitchens, lounges, and dining rooms. Be aware that it's very common in Japan to have low tables to eat.
You'll have the chance to have a very local experience with some rooms being typical Japanese-style split by wall dividers. You'll have the option to sleep on tatamis - a traditional woven straw mat like the samurai in Japan use! During our last Chapter, Tribers really liked it!
Good to Know
We are very excited to return to Japan and experience the wonderful yet different culture. Meaning: smaller homes, minimalistic decor, and shared and multifunctional spaces. This is a great Chapter for anyone who is ready to step out of their comfort zone and experience something very new. Anyone who prefers high levels of privacy or lots of personal space, in general, might struggle in this destination.
Very common in the Japanese culture is to have showers/ bathtubs separate from the toilet, which you are going to see at our homes as well.
This is a large city and the best way around is to use the great public transportation system. The train is about 15 minute walk away and the bus stop is a 3 minute walk.
Add an upgrade to your booking request when filling out the form below.
Private room with a desk (10 upgrades available)
Join Us in Kyoto
Learn more about how WiFi Tribe Chapter prices work:
Joining your 1st or 2nd Chapter
Joining your 3rd or 4th Chapter
Joining your 5th or 6th Chapter
Joining your 7th Chapter then for life
April 19 - May 17, 2024
Open to current WiFi Tribe members only.
Not a member? Apply here.
A few spots are set aside to build a more balanced community on the ground, with a mix of genders, nationalities, ethnicities, and member experience levels. All shared rooms are between 2 or 3 people of the same self-identified gender.
Not a Travel Program, a Community
We live, explore, and build our community together.
Embracing openness and curiosity, as a Tribe, we explore new places and ideas.
Do Life Together
We build relationships to last...the rest of our lives. Retirement-Tribe anyone?
Cocreate the Adventure
Discover how different travel feels when the experience is cocreated and shared as a Tribe.
Reignite Your Work
Realize your goals and dreams knowing you have the world's best cheerleaders in your corner.
Kyoto Chapter FAQs
Find all general booking FAQs here and Chapter-specific information below.
Chapter Payments (as of April 2024):
- Booking requests will receive a link to finalize your booking to pay the full Chapter price payment
- The final full payment is due 12 weeks prior to the Chapter starting. (Note: this means you’ll have from the time of booking until 12 weeks out to submit the full Chapter payment)
- If your full payment is not received 12 weeks before the Chapter start date, your deposit will be forfeited and spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist
- Bookings made less than 12 weeks before the Chapter start date will pay the full Chapter price at booking
Cancellations (as of April 2024):
The following cancellation policy applies:
- Once the final price and accommodation details are announced, early bookers have 7 days to confirm their booking. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- You have a 48-hour grace period to cancel a trip booking and not forfeit your deposit. If a booking is cancelled within 48 hours, the deposit will be released for a future trip.
- Cancelling 10+ weeks before arrival: 100% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling 6-10 weeks before arrival: 50% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling less than 6 weeks before arrival: No refund. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
We have three amenities categories we look at when selecting the upgrade rooms:
- Functionality: desk, chair, kitchen, ensuite bathroom, privacy, AC, kitchenette or kitchen, fridge, walk-in closet or extra storage space etc.
- How it looks: balcony, terrace, views, size of room, size of bed, windows/natural light, decor, living room or seating area, couch, coffee table, mirror etc.
- Mixed: When possible, the room shares some of both of the above.
- Securing the upgrade guarantees that you get the amenities you've paid for.
- Upgrades that have not been secured will be assigned to members based on a number of different factors by the host (order of booking, circle level, etc.)
- If all rooms have a particular amenity such as AC we do not offer upgrades for that particular
Closest airport: Osaka Airport (ITM)
The address of our coliving home will be shared about 4 weeks before we arrive.
Make it a Journey
Create connections with more members or meet up with old friends by booking back-to-back Chapters.
Start your journey in the sunny Southern Hemisphere before making your way over Japan for all things Spring!
From Our Blog
May 22, 2020
February 19, 2020