August 18, 2021
Don't bother shaking the sand out of your suitcase when you're in Playa del Carmen, we're sure you'll want to stay awhile. Affectionately known as Playa, the Tribe has crowned this chill city as a favorite home base thanks to its beach-side access, lively cafe & coworking culture, and year round remote worker scene. Living in Playa del Carmen as a community only adds to the experience, where the bonds run deep and the friendships last long after we've left the Playa.
Credit: John Paul Williams. Check out our playlist of other member created videos about their Chapter experience and fun activities in Playa Del Carmen.
Experience Playa del Carmen
with the Tribe
Take on Playa del Carmen with the Tribe and discover a new side to this city on the beach. Open your mind to the cocreated community experiences, adventures, and classic WiFi Tribe moments that'll make our time here one of a kind.
Meet your next cofounder or coworker
"I met someone who really helped me out in a work situation. I was able to hire her and hope to keep working together in the future. So thankful to the Tribe for bringing me together with so many talented and interesting people!"
Find gratitude & forever friendships together
"David putting together our last hurrah at the cenote was an unexpected surprise, everyone had a wonderful time. It was very meaningful to sit in a circle and share our gratitude for each other and for the experiences we'd created together."
Swap stories & go deeper with the crew
"Sharing stories on the dock of our Bacalar villa as the sun set behind us"
Group hangouts are always on the agenda
"There were too many to mention, but even simple hangouts on the beach playing volleyball were highlights"
Team up for a day of beach games
"We had this amazing day playing volleyball, making up our own games and generally hanging out on the beach during a weekend trip to Isla Mujeres."
Celebrate life's big moments in a new way
"Many memorable moments, but seeing everyone come together in the first few days for one member's birthday really helped set the tone for the rest of the Chapter."
Our Home in Playa del Carmen
We're located in a prime spot, on a quiet street that's a 10-minute walk to the beach and 5 minutes to the very popular 5th Avenue (Quinta Avenida) with countless cafes, restaurants, nightlife options and shops.
Every apartment has a private terrace/balcony, a fully-stocked kitchen, AC, large bedrooms, and a spacious living room area to get together with your roommates.
There's also a workout room on site for basic exercise or a fully-equipped gym a 10-minute walk away.
The property also features a newly renovated shared pool with day beds, 2 hot tubs, a small office room, and a playroom with a pool table and air hockey; bikes are available upon request at the front desk.
Good to Know
The pool and hot tub are available to use, but remember that the building doesn't allow food, drinks, or loud music in that area past 10 pm.
We are staying in an apartment complex, and expect to share the pool, hot tubs, cowork room, and playroom with other residents
Join Us in Playa Del Carmen
Learn more about how WiFi Tribe Chapter prices work:
Joining your 1st or 2nd Chapter
Joining your 3rd or 4th Chapter
Joining your 5th or 6th Chapter
Joining your 7th Chapter then for life
Oct 13 - Nov 10, 2023
Open to current WiFi Tribe members only.
Not a member? Apply here.
A few spots are set aside to build a more balanced community on the ground, with a mix of genders, nationalities, ethnicities, and member experience levels. All shared rooms are between 2 or 3 people of the same self-identified gender.
Playa del Carmen Chapter FAQs
Find all general booking FAQs here and Chapter-specific information below.
Chapter Payments (please be aware of the changes for all 2023 Chapters):
- Booking requests will receive a link to finalize your booking to pay the full Chapter price payment
- The final full payment is due 8 weeks prior to the Chapter starting. (Note: this means you’ll have from the time of booking until 8 weeks out to submit the full Chapter payment)
- If your full payment is not received 8 weeks before the Chapter start date, your deposit will be forfeited and spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist
- Bookings made less than 8 weeks before the Chapter start date will pay the full Chapter price at booking
Cancellations (please be aware of the new policy for 2023 trips):
The following cancellation policy applies:
- Once the final price and accommodation details are announced, early bookers have 3 days to confirm their booking. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- You have a 48-hour grace period to cancel a trip booking and not forfeit your deposit. If a booking is cancelled within 48 hours, the deposit will be released for a future trip.
- Cancelling 6+ weeks before arrival: 100% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling 4-6 weeks before arrival: 50% refund of the final payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling less than 4 weeks before arrival: No refund. Your deposit is forfeited if you reconfirmed an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
Closest airport: Cancun Airport (CUN)
The address of our coliving home will be shared about 4 weeks before we arrive.
Not a Travel Program, a Community
We live, explore, and build our community together.
Embracing openness and curiosity, as a Tribe, we explore new places and ideas.
Do Life Together
We build relationships to last...the rest of our lives. Retirement-Tribe anyone?
Cocreate the Adventure
Discover how different travel feels when the experience is cocreated and shared as a Tribe.
Reignite Your Work
Realize your goals and dreams knowing you have the world's best cheerleaders in your corner.
From Our Blog
July 5, 2020
October 28, 2019
November 19, 2018