May 7th - June 18th (6 weeks)
6 Weeks In Montenegro - The Gem Of The Adriatic
Ever thought about visiting Montenegro? It is similar to its northern neighbour Croatia, only twice as beautiful and half as touristy. Vast mountain ranges sweep across the country, met at the base by dazzling Adriatic coastline, pristine bays and historic towns that ooze charm and tradition. With our new home base right by the sea, it's where rural living meets the convenience of luxury amenities - the perfect setup for adventure and productivity at the same time.
The Bay of Kotor
Montenegro’s Bay of Kotor is often called Europe’s most southernmost fjord. And it certainly looks like one, with towering peaks and a rocky coastline dotted with pretty waterside towns. Spend a weekend here, exploring the old town, cobbled streets, grand squares, and well-preserved fortifications. Check out Perast and spend a day by the beach.
Montenegro's caves and grottos
Famous for the iridescent blue that's reflected throughout the cave, the Blue Cave on Lustica Peninsula is one of Montenegro's most popular attractions. A perfect stop while being on a sunset cruise or great to combine with some kayaking and snorkelling.
Tackle some rapids
The Tara River is the largest reservoir of drinking water in Europe. The crystal clear river passes through the deepest canyon in Europe. Wild untouched nature, rich flora and fauna and beautiful steep cliffs. If you are looking for a challenge, tackle the rapids and get a nice kick of adrenaline.
The mountains are calling
There are so many great hikes and views in Montenegro but especially in Durmitor National Park. But, perhaps, none are more rewarding than the hike to Bobotov Kuk – the highest point in the whole country. Standing at just over 2,500 meters tall, there are certainly more towering peaks in Europe; however, when it comes to dramatic views, Bobotov Kuk is one that nears the top of the list. With green valleys below, you will be able to see for miles and miles.
Wine Tasting Fun
Cemovsko Field is the largest vineyard you will find situated on just one field in Europe and is 2310 hectares – that’s a lot of wine to be produced! You can visit and take a tour of the estate, learning how wine is made while also trying a few varieties out for yourself, such as the award-winning Sauvignon and several types of Vranac.
Our home in Dobra Voda
The beach village of Dobra Voda, which name means "good water", has two popular beaches. And we're staying 10 steps from the sand in a boutique hotel that's exclusively for us. Similar to the Crete Chapter last year, we chose this location because it's just outside of the more crowded areas but still close enough to the action. We'll be 15 minutes from Bar, where you'll find old town ruins, canyons, mountains, and ancient olive trees when you need a beach break. With 6 weeks together, we'll also have the time to explore most of the this beautiful Balkan country.
Our accommodations hold 25 people, including 19 private and 3 shared rooms. Most rooms have a private furnished balcony (with ocean views!) and an ensuite bathroom, plus every one has an air conditioner, mini fridge, closet, and desk. Before coming together for daily sunset watching, productivity will be at an all time high with 100mbps fibre optic internet, a furnished outdoor terrace, and a large indoor lounge area perfect for coworking. There's also a restaurant-style kitchen and laundry room so we'll have everything we need at our fingertips.
Here you can see a collection of photos of our coliving home in Dobra Voda
If you’d like to find out more about what it’s like to live in Montenegro as a ‘digital nomad’, including internet speeds and cost of living, have a look at Nomad List’s guide. Of course, we always have internet backups; MiFi devices with mobile data in all our homes to make sure that we can keep working productively if there are any stability issues.
Ready to Join our Tribe in Montenegro?
May 7th - June 18th
If you're interested in our Montenegro chapter, please apply here first. If you're already a WiFi Tribe member, please submit a booking form to reserve your place in Dobra Voda!
May 7 - Jun 18: Submit the booking form
Montenegro is a Tier 2 chapter. 6-week prices start from:
Note: the rooms are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. All shared rooms are between 2 people.
Logistics & What to Expect
Beach & Mountains | Old Towns | Off the Beaten Path | Adventure
- The Tribe: 25 members (including the host)
- Location: Dobra Voda. 15 min drive from Bar, the city centre, 1 hour drive from the Podgorica International airport.
- Accommodation: A 22-room boutique hotel, with 19 private rooms and 3 shared rooms. Most have an ensuite bathroom and private furnished balcony with ocean views. AC, mini fridges, closets, and desks are in all rooms.
- Layout: On-site restaurant, large indoor and outdoor common areas, laundry room, and a restaurant-style kitchen at our disposal.
- Work Space: Outdoor furnished terrace and large indoor lounge area
- Internet: 100mbps in the entire property
- Pace: Beach village with lots of nature, laid back vibe, weekend outdoor adventures, affordable, and historic culture.
I'm New to this... How does it Work?
WiFi Tribe has an annual chapter plan model: Successful applicants choose how often they want to travel with the tribe within a year and decide what chapter plan they would like. You can find out more about chapter plan prices here.
Are there changes to Chapters due to COVID?
With borders starting to open up again, we collaborated with our community to decide what our first chapters should look like – both in terms of the fun, and the necessary adaptations. With over 100 responses, we've had a lot of feedback and great ideas to work with, so you'll see a few changes to adapt to the current global pandemic.
Most importantly, we all have a responsibility to the local communities that host us in their countries to keep them safe. Of course, we are also introducing new guidelines and policies to keep one another safe and healthy while we live here together.
As you read through our guidelines below, you will see a combination of all the local government guidelines, as well as additional measures to ensure safety for everyone as we travel and live together. In addition, there will be measures specific to each chapter that will be shared with the people attending that chapter during the 2-week online meet-and-greet.
Every Tribe member has been welcomed into WiFi Tribe because we felt that there was an alignment with our 6 values: Respect, Humility, Camaraderie, Curiosity, Passion, and Inclusion. Now, it is more important than ever that we choose to live by them every day. We will enforce the following protocols as necessary, but we are confident that every member on this Chapter will respect fellow Tribe members and the local community.
For all Chapters beyond February 2021, attending members will need to complete a PCR test no more than 96 hours before arriving (regardless of the country's entry requirements). With more countries requiring a negative COVID test for entry, we're aligning our guidelines to adhere to these stricter standards. Members can complete the test in any country and will email proof of their negative test result to the Chapter Host prior to arrival.
Last time updated, March 12th 2021:
As of October 21st 2020, this chapter is available to members who comply with the government entry requirements
IMPORTANT: As travel regulations are changing rapidly, please make sure you double check your eligibility to enter the country by contacting your local Montenegrin embassy, regardless of your nationality or origin of travel, to confirm your continued eligibility.
Our group sizes are already limited to 25 members whether there’s a pandemic or not.
Back in August, we didn’t customize the size of the Chapter to the type of housing we secured. We made a blanket rule to have a maximum of 18 attendees on a Chapter. Since this decision, we’ve decided to now cap the number of participants depending on the type of accommodation and the location, instead.
For example, if we have a property with ample space inside and outdoors, lots of ensuite bathrooms, and well-ventilated community spaces, then we can host a larger group. However, if our home is compact and missing key amenities, then we’ll reduce the group size to a number that’s appropriate for the space.
Our focus has and always will be, the building of a solid, amazing community made up of brilliant, kind, conscientious people. These new chapters moving forward are going to be great for those of you that really want to build amazing relationships and be somewhere beautiful, spacious and rich in natural beauty.
If you feel like you need something more stimulating with a lot of events and people everywhere then it may be better for you to wait it out a little longer for chapters later this year or next year.
New Prevention Protocols
Every Chapter has a protocol document tailored to the specific location we’re in. This document details everything about the local regulations, where to get tested, and what numbers to call if symptoms appear. It’s sent to everybody who is participating in the Chapter before we arrive.
In addition to receiving location-specific information, we’ve created guidelines for what members can and cannot do while attending a Chapter. Using internationally recognized methods for mitigating the spread of Covid-19, members must ask themselves four questions to assess if an activity or situation is safe:
If I go there or join that activity...
- Can I wear a mask?
- Can I socially distance myself (at least 2m)?
- Is it an open and well-ventilated area?
- Will less than 50 people be in attendance?
If the answer is “no” for any of these questions, that activity doesn’t pass the test and is discouraged. If any member participates in an activity that has made others feel unsafe, we also reserve the right to ask that person to self-isolate and take a PCR test at their own cost.
Due to the constantly changing nature of travel WiFi Tribe is not liable for specific travel restrictions or cancellations. Please make sure you have adequate travel insurance and buy flexible tickets. For further information please look at section 10 & 11 of our Terms and Conditions.
We are constantly monitoring the number of cases and local governmental response. We will be evaluating the situation as things change and keep you informed of any changes to our current plans. For further information please look at our Terms and Conditions.
We are in a privileged position where, if needed, we can comfortably be quarantined in our location. If a quarantine was necessary, the properties are equipped to help us spend an extended period of time in lockdown agreeably.
In addition, we will be monitoring the country’s security measures and keeping Tribers informed. Any lockdown that Montenegro has imposed in the past has limited people from coming into the country, but has not limited people from returning to their home countries. So, if people decide to leave, they should be able to do so.
As of March 30th, 2021 all travelers entering the country must present proof of vaccination or a negative result from a COVID-19 test taken no more than 48 hours prior to arrival; the test can be either a PCR or a rapid antigen test.
All individuals arriving from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, or Serbia are exempt from this measure and may enter without restrictions.
We strongly recommend you revisit their site periodically and 72-48 hrs before your departure.
Health & Safety Measures
Starting April 1, curfew hours will run 10 PM to 5 AM rather than the current 9 PM to 5 AM. During curfew hours, residents may only leave their homes for essential purposes.
Authorities are tightening certain measures in the cities of Podgorica, Bar, Cetinje, Herceg Novi, Niksic,Pluzine, Ulcinj, Budva, Tivat, Savnik and Berane.
Public catering establishments, shopping centers, gyms,and daycares are closed. Residents of the cities in question will not be permitted to travel outside theirmunicipalities except for work, study, or medical purposes. The restrictions will last through at least April1st.
- Wearing facemasks or coverings is mandatory in public spaces indoors and outdoors throughout Montenegro for everyone older than 5 years old, except on beaches and in national parks provided that people maintain social distancing of two metres. Non-compliance is punishable by law and subject to fines ranging from €100 to €2,000.
- You must keep an interpersonal distance (set at 2 metres).
- The use of products for individual hygiene (hydro alcoholic gels and soap) is encouraged.
Specific Measures here
- Curfew is in effect between the hours of 9pm to 5am
- Ban on passenger intercity transport from Friday at 9pm to Monday at 05am
- Shopping centers, gyms, bars and pubs are closed
- Restaurants and cafes open from 7am to 6pm
- Beaches are currently open
The local health number to call in case of Covid symptoms is 067 335 236 [Milmedika Tivat]
As of March 30th, you are not expected to quarantine upon arrival unless you test positive for covid-19.
IMPORTANT: For the safety of all members and the local community, all members will be required to take a PCR Covid-19 test prior to arrival. The test must be presented via email to the chapter host and should not be older than 96 hours.
For the safety of all members and the local community, all members will be required to present a negative PCR test taken up to 96 hours before your arrival on chapter.
Your safety is our main priority which is why travel health insurance is required to participate in this chapter. While not required, we strongly recommend that you obtain an insurance policy that will cover the event of contracting COVID-19. Our partner Safety Wings has a very comprehensive insurance. (this is an affiliate link)
It’s going to be a little harder to social distance while living with others, so we need to be extra mindful to ensure everyone's safety and comfort. We require the following:
- Don’t go in each other’s bedrooms if you don’t need to.
- Reduce physical contact with other members as much as possible.
- If you go out, please ensure that you wash your hands when coming back into the house. Routinely disinfect your hands with alcohol gels and antibacterial wipes etc.
- After using communal spaces please make the extra effort to keep them tidy and disinfect the surfaces. Your chapter host will make sure that there is a healthy supply of high quality cleaning products to do this.
- While on chapter, members cannot attend gatherings with 50+ people.
Please consider where you are going - if you individually decide to do an activity like go to a gathering, or crowded place, you could put your fellow Tribers and the local community at risk. Please think about going on adventures that keep you together with the Tribe and involve big open spaces with plenty of light and ventilation.
- Everyone should bring a supply of masks with them. Preferably masks that are washable and reusable so that it’s sustainable.
- At home, you don’t need to wear masks unless you are cooking for others.
- All Tribers must wear their masks when outside the property, particularly in places like supermarkets, local shops or any public spaces where adequate social distancing cannot be maintained at all times.
- While in restaurants and cafes, please wear a mask other than while eating.
- Be sure to be considerate. Cover your mouth when you cough and then remember to disinfect your hands afterwards. We will make sure there is alcohol gel stationed in as many areas of the accommodation as appropriate.
- For people sharing a room - please be extra considerate of one another and keep things tidy as much as possible.
- When you’ve finished working and you pack up for the day, if you’ve worked on a table, please give the table a wipe down ready for the next person.
We recommend that you bring any medicine you may need with you to troubleshoot minor ailments. To prevent misunderstanding at customs, please ensure you bring them in their original packaging. For any medication that requires a prescription, please make sure you bring the original transcript.
- Members can not bring external visitors to the Chapter accommodations. This includes any non-Chapter members as well as external visitors meaning dates, family, or friends who may be in the same city as the Chapter.
To further ensure everyone’s safety, Bonus Tribing will not be available on this chapter.
An iconic part of any chapter are the weekend trips. We would want those to continue. But now we ask that we think carefully about where we go, the logistics around how we get there and where we stay. Please consider the following when planning weekend trips:
- Can we get private transport? (e.g. hiring cars, hiring a private bus)
- Can we avoid the use of the airport and still get there in a timely manner?
- Is the property or accommodation set up to deal with the number of people going?
- If someone starts to feel unwell, can we get to a local hospital? Can that local hospital deal with potential covid-19 infections?
- Are there plenty of activities that make it easy to social distance?
We are aiming for a self check-in as seamless as possible. We will send you the instructions via slack a couple of days before your arrival with all the relevant details (which villa/house/apartment, bedroom etc). Your chapter host will be present to welcome you and answer any questions you may have.
If you start feeling unwell, the first thing you need to do is:
- Contact your chapter host immediately. You should send a message on Slack and explain your symptoms. Please note that depending on your symptoms we might be required to follow the local health protocols.
- Regardless of the symptoms, please limit your contact with other people and wear your mask.
- Your chapter host will assist you if you need to go to the hospital or we need to send for a doctor.
- You will need to follow up with your insurance policy to deal with any costs but the host will be there to support and keep checking in to make sure you’re doing okay.
We are a family, so be considerate and kind. If you can help with preparing healthy food or doing a little extra grocery shopping to help and keep your fellow Triber well fed and feeling loved, then let's do that and get through it together.
All of our Chapter Hosts will follow a robust process if someone in the group becomes unwell, needs to self isolate, or tests positive for Covid-19. Our processes are taken from EU medical authorities and will work in combination with all local protocols.
At a high-level, if anyone tests positive we’re requiring all members to self-isolate until a medical professional can administer a new test at least 4 days from their last contact with the ill person. If a government provides separate housing for those with a positive test, we’ll work with local authorities to safely move them to the approved location. If governments don’t provide housing, we’ll help the ill member secure new accommodations immediately and arrange transportation that limits human contact as much as possible.
Do these guidelines make a Chapter Covid-19 proof? No, they don’t. We recognize the impossibility of completely eliminating the risks. Our aim is to limit our exposure as much as we can and make decisions that protect local communities, our members, and teammates.
If you feel that a member is doing something that puts you at risk, you have the following options:
- Fill out the anonymous reporting form
- Speak directly to your chapter host
- Speak to the people involved and ask them to be more considerate. This approach is very much dependent on the situation and the people involved so this is not an expectation but an option.
We would ask everybody to remember that when living in a collective situation, you have to be mindful of people around you. We reserve the right to ask people to leave if they are taking unnecessary risks and putting others in danger. So we ask that you don’t take these things lightly regardless of your personal views on the matter.
This system also applies to any other grievances that pertain to any instances of things like harassment, bullying or other forms of abuse. Please see our Terms and Condition for more details.