January 15, 2020
Check out the fantastic video our members Alex Nerney and Dale McManus, created of our trip to Peru in 2017
Our 8 Favorite Adventures Around Lima
Take on Lima with the Tribe and discover a new side to Peru. Open your mind to the co-created community experiences, adventures, and classic WiFi Tribe moments that'll make our time here one of a kind.
1. Dune buggy ride through the desert
Huacachina an oasis town par excellence, a tiny settlement hugs its own small pop-up lake and comes dotted with lanky date palms which sway and wobble in the dry, dry breezes.
2. The lost city of the Incas
The great fortress in the clouds, the masterpiece of the Incas, the Andean citadel to rival all others, Machu Picchu rarely fails to draw a gasp.
3. Sea lions, penguins and mystery
To the south of Lima sea lions, Humboldt penguins, flamingoes and other protected species live in harmony within Paracas National Reserve.
4. Surf on the great Pacific Ocean
The beaches of Peru are known as the best in the world for surfing. The swell is present throughout the year, offering small, large, long, tube, high peak, barrel and breaking waves that come in quick succession.
5. Peru's hidden treasure
The rainbow mountains are a geologic wonder of mineral sediments that lies at 5,200 meters high / 17,060 ft and 3 hours away southeast from Cusco, so very easily be reached on a day trip.
6. Welcome to Foodie Capital
The food of Peru is diverse and once could eat for one month straight without ever having the same dish twice.
7. Visit the world's highest lake
Laid-back and relaxed as it runs along the shores of Lake Titicaca, Puno is a real treat. Boat trips are hugely popular, taking travelers out to see the likes of Amantani, with its earthy Quechua farmers and crumbling pre-Columbian temples, or Uros, and its iconic reed villages.
8. Get your Amazon fix
Straddling the waterways of the Tambopata and Madre de Dios Rivers as they join to form one of the tributaries to the mighty Amazon in the east, Puerto Maldonado is Peru’s jungle city par excellence.
Our Home in Lima
We are going to call beautiful Lima our home base for the month. Located in trendy Miraflores, we are just a couple of blocks away from the beach boardwalk and a myriad of cafes and restaurants - heaven for foodies. It is a perfect combination of mountains and the sea nearby.
We'll stay across 6 apartments, all 2-10 min walk from each other. Two of them come with large communal areas perfect for gatherings and especially our Tribal Tuesdays.
Each room comes with a closet or dresser. We got access to multiple fully-equipped kitchens, lounges, dining rooms, a large rooftop terrace in one of the buildings, and a shared pool.
Good to Know
To make sure everyone can benefit from all the different kitchens, lounges, dining rooms, and terraces, we encourage an open-door policy. Invite the group over for coworking sessions, game nights, communal cooking or a hangout by the pool.
All the apartments work with water heaters that have a specific volume and take time to heat the water, so if everyone decides to shower around the same time they will run out of hot water. Please, be aware of it.
None of the rooms have AC as the weather in Lima does not require it, but if needed the landlord gave us the option to add fans.
Add an upgrade to your booking request when filling out the form below.
Private room with ensuite bathroom, a double bed, and a desk (3 upgrades available)
Private room with an ensuite bathroom (3 upgrade available)
Join Us in Lima
Learn more about how WiFi Tribe Chapter prices work:
Joining your 1st or 2nd Chapter
Joining your 3rd or 4th Chapter
Joining your 5th or 6th Chapter
Joining your 7th Chapter then for life
April 21 - May 19, 2023
Open to current WiFi Tribe members only.
Not a member? Apply here.
A few spots are set aside to build a more balanced community on the ground, with a mix of genders, nationalities, ethnicities, and member experience levels. All shared rooms are between 2 or 3 people of the same self-identified gender.
Not a Travel Program, a Community
We live, explore, and build our community together.
Embracing openness and curiosity, as a Tribe, we explore new places and ideas.
Do Life Together
We build relationships to last...the rest of our lives. Retirement-Tribe anyone?
Cocreate the Adventure
Discover how different travel feels when the experience is cocreated and shared as a Tribe.
Reignite Your Work
Realize your goals and dreams knowing you have the world's best cheerleaders in your corner.
Lima Chapter FAQs
Find all general booking FAQs here and Chapter-specific information below.
Chapter Payments (please be aware of the changes for all 2023 Chapters):
- Booking requests will receive a link to finalize your booking to pay the full Chapter price payment
- The final full payment is due 8 weeks prior to the Chapter starting. (Note: this means you’ll have from the time of booking until 8 weeks out to submit the full Chapter payment)
- If your full payment is not received 8 weeks before the Chapter start date, your deposit will be forfeited and spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist
- Bookings made less than 8 weeks before the Chapter start date will pay the full Chapter price at booking
Cancellations (please be aware of the new policy for 2023 trips):
The following cancellation policy applies:
- Once the final price and accommodation details are announced, early bookers have 7 days to recommit to their booking. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- You have a 48-hour grace period to cancel a trip booking and not forfeit your deposit. If a booking is cancelled within 48 hours, the deposit will be released for a future trip.
- Cancelling 6+ weeks before arrival: 100% refund of the trip payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you recommitted to an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling 4-6 weeks before arrival: 50% refund of the trip payment. Your deposit is forfeited if you recommitted to an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
- Cancelling less than 4 weeks before arrival: No refund. Your deposit is forfeited if you recommitted to an early booking or if you didn’t cancel within the 48-hour grace period. Otherwise, the deposit is released for a future booking.
Closest airport: Aeropuerto Internacional Jorge Chávez de Lima.
In the Chapter's Slack channel before arrival, members often coordinate transportation to our homes together. You'll receive our address 4 weeks from the Chapter's start date.
Make it a Journey
Create connections with more members or meet up with old friends by booking back-to-back Chapters.
From Our Blog
July 15, 2019
April 22, 2017