Remote in 60 Days Official Rules
Effective Date: February 2020
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS AND CITIZENS OF THEIR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE (EXCLUDING COUNTRIES AND JURISDICTIONS IN WHICH THIS CONTEST IS PROHIBITED BY LAW OR BY OPERATION OF U.S. LAW), AGE 21 OR OLDER. THESE SCHOLARSHIPS ARE PART OF A CONTEST THAT IS GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW.
The Remote in 60 Days Scholarship (also called herein the “Rin60 Scholarship” or “Scholarship Program”) is administered and managed by WiFi Tribe Co., a Delaware registered corporation whose decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the Rin60 Scholarship, and is governed by the terms and conditions contained herein. By entering Rin60 Scholarship, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and any further conditions should you be accepted to participant onto the program.
3. How to Apply
4. How WiFi Tribe Will Determine Scholarship Winner
5. Notification, Award, and Award Restrictions
6. Submission Requirements
7. Use of Personal Information, Name, and Likeness
9. Dispute Resolution
WiFi Tribe has created the Remote in 60 Days Scholarship as part of our commitment to supporting the remote work movement. Subject to these Official Rules, the selected recipient will receive sponsorship to the value of $10,000. The prize includes:
- Flight to Sao Paulo, Brazil, from an airport within 250 miles of the prize winner’s chosen location, to arrive on the 29th May 2020.
- Flight from Sao Paulo, Brazil to Cusco, Peru
- Return flight from Cusco, Peru, to an airport within 250 miles of the prize winner’s original location in, or around, the 31st July, 2020.
- 4 weeks shared accommodation (in a twin room) in Brazil, during the period 29th May - 26th June, 2020.
- 5 weeks shared accommodation (in a twin room) in Cusco, Peru, during the period 27th June - 31st July, 2020.
- Access to The Remote Agency Incubator as detailed on the following page: wifitribe.co/remote-agency-incubator
- The Scholarship Program is only available to individuals who are aged 21 and over.
- The Scholarship Program is only available to individuals who make more than 70% of their income from freelancing, who do the work primarily themselves (i.e. don't outsource), and who earn over $8,000 USD per quarter from their current business. Proof of business status and income, and any supporting documentation may be requested in the application stage, or before being formally awarded the scholarship.
- This is an international Scholarship Program. However, you must be a legal resident or citizen of your country of residence to enter the Rin60 Scholarship.
- The Rin60 Scholarship Program is not available to any resident or citizen of any country that prohibits the Scholarship Program or that is prohibited by U.S. law (e.g., the Crimea region of the Ukraine, North Korea, Cuba, Iran, Sudan, or Syria). You may be asked to provide proof of residence, and any supporting documentation, in the application stage, or before being formally awarded the scholarship.
- The Scholarship program is not available to any person listed on any of the following (or similar) lists: Specially Designated Nationals and Consolidated Sanctions Lists (maintained by the Office of Foreign Assets Control, U.S. Department of the Treasury); the Denied Persons, Entity, and Unverified Lists (maintained by the Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of Commerce); and the Consolidated List of sanctions designations by the United Nations, European Union and United Kingdom.
- The Rin60 Scholarship Program is not legally, or financially liable for obtaining visas, inoculations, insurances, or any other legal, medical, or financial documentation required to travel to any South American or Asian country.
- Employees, clients, contractors and members (including current applicants engaged with, or through, WiFi Tribe) of WiFi Tribe, as well as any members of the immediate families and households of any such employees and contractors of any of the foregoing, are not eligible to enter.
- Void where prohibited by law.
3. How to Apply
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Scholarship Program.
- Team entries and the inclusion of any material that you did not create are not permitted.
- Application acceptance for the Scholarship Program opens at 9:00am Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 27th February 2020 and ends at 11:59pm (EST) on 31st March, 2020.
- Applications received by WiFi Tribe before the start or after the end of these Scholarship Program start and end dates/times will not be eligible or accepted.
- All of the following steps must be successfully completed to complete your application:
- First, enter via the opt-in form on https://wifitribe.co/remote-60-scholarship/
- Next, you will be asked to complete an eligibility test
- You may only submit one application for this Scholarship Program. In case of multiple applications from the same person, all applications for that person may be voided.
- If there is a problem with your application that renders it ineligible or unacceptable under these Scholarship Program Official Rules, in WiFi Tribe’s sole and absolute discretion, WiFi Tribe may choose to notify you of the problem. If WiFi Tribe notifies you of a problem, you may resubmit your entry at any time prior to the end of the contest submission deadline stated above and your resubmission, if accepted, will be entered in the Scholarship Program from the time of its acceptance.
- Regardless, all applicants are solely responsible for their applications and compliance with these Scholarship Official Rules. WiFi Tribe will have no responsibility for any delay in, or failure, to provide such notification or for any attempted resubmission by you. Further, applicants may not submit more than one resubmission. Regardless of the preceding bullet point, however, applications must be submitted in accordance with any technical specifications set forth in the Scholarship Program Application. Applications will be declined if not correctly completed and submitted.
- WiFi Tribe assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an Application as a direct or indirect result of a technical problem or any kind of computer, network, carrier, or third-party malfunction or other problem.
4. How WiFi Tribe Will Determine Scholarship Winner
- At least two judges of WiFi Tribe’s Judging Committee (comprised of employees or external judges, to be selected by Wifi Tribe in its sole discretion, who are experienced professionals) will determine the top three applicants by reviewing each eligible and accepted application in its entirety, including the following components of each of the essay questions.
- At least two judges of the Judging Committee will evaluate each application based on the following criteria, each of which will be considered in equal measure: (1) clarity and quality of the essay answers, (2) the academic and professional ambition demonstrated by the applicant, (3) demonstrated financial need and/or lack of supportive professional network, and (4) how well the applicant specifies mentorship needs, and how well the Remote in 60 Days Scholarship will support those needs.
- Each judge will score each of these elements on a 10-point scale.
- The three applications with the highest total score will be selected for a video interview.
- Judging interviews will be scheduled to take place within 3 calendar days of our email or telephone notification of the applicant’s selection for interview.
- Our judges will use commercially reasonable efforts to coordinate schedules with selected applicants, but WiFi Tribe cannot guarantee or promise that any specific date or time will be available and it is the applicant’s sole responsibility to be available for a proposed interview date and time during such 3-day period as well as to attend and complete the scheduled interview on time. Failure to agree upon an interview date and time, or failure to attend a scheduled interview will result in disqualification. Applicants who are more than 5 minutes late to a scheduled interview will be deemed a no-show.
- The interviewing judge(s) will score each interview on a 10-point scale. Interviews will be scored on the applicant’s ability to clearly communicate (a) a strong enthusiasm and commitment to their professional goals, and (b) how they expect the Scholarship to further those goals.
- To select the final winner, each interviewee’s scores (each judged element weighed equally) will be averaged across the judge(s)’ scores and totaled for a maximum score of 60 points for each applicant. Of the final three interviewed applicants, WiFi Tribe will award the Scholarship to the applicant with the highest total score. In the event of a tie, the Lead Judge will rescore the tied applicants’ entries (that is, all judged elements, except the interview) to determine the final recipient for the Remote in 60 Scholarship Program. In this event, only the Lead Judge’s final score will be considered for the tiebreaker.
- The Judging Committee and, when applicable, the Lead Judge’s decision is final and binding.
5. Notification, Award, and Award Restrictions
- The prize (that is, “award”) consists of (a) Flight to Sao Paulo, Brazil from an airport within 250 miles of the prize winner’s chosen location to arrive on the 29th May, 2020. (b) Flight to Cusco, Peru from Sao Paulo, on or around the 26th June, 2020 (c) 4 weeks accommodation in Brazil, during the period 29th May - 26th June 2020. (d) 5 weeks accommodation in Peru, during the period 27th June - 31st July 2020. (e) Access to The Remote Agency Incubator as detailed on the following page: https://wifitribe.co/remote-agency-incubator
- The prize does not include social events, weekend trips or any other extra-curricular activities not documented above.
- The prize does not include expenses pertaining to food and drink. Although an evening meal will be offered 4 night a week whilst in Brazil, you are not obliged to accept them, and doing so is at your own risk. No cash alternative for these provided meals will be offered.
- The Recipient is responsible for organising their travel to and from the airports. WiFi Tribe will provide reasonable support to assist in travel planning, but ultimately the winner is responsible for planning and executing their own movements. It is the Recipient's responsibility to arrive in Ubatuba, Brazil by the 29th May, 2020. No compensation or responsibility will be taken by WiFi Tribe for any damages or delays endured during this time.
- The winner will be notified using the email address provided by the applicant on the Entry Form. If you are selected, you must claim your award within 3 days of the date of notice (that is, the day that the email is sent by WiFi Tribe) on WiFi Tribe’s notification to you. If you fail to claim your award as specified in these Scholarship Official Rules, your award will be automatically forfeited and you will not receive the award or any portion thereof. WiFi Tribe may, but is not obligated to, send follow-up notices to any recipient during such 10-day period. Any follow-up notice will not restart or otherwise modify the 3-day period for your response. If you fail to claim your award, as stated above, WiFi Tribe will select the next-highest scored applicant for that region and, if necessary, repeat the process until the earlier of (a) a recipient claims the award and (b) the list of interviewed applicants is exhausted, in which case WiFi Tribe will invite the next three highest-scoring applicants to interview.
- A recipient will be disqualified for any of the following reasons: (1) failure to provide WiFi Tribe with proof of identity and legal residence and/or citizenship, any required affidavit within 5 days of WiFi Tribe’s requests for each of these documents; (2) any non-compliance with these Scholarship Official Rules, as determined in WiFi Tribe’s sole discretion. In such cases, WiFi Tribe will select the next-highest scored applicant and, if necessary, repeat the process until the earlier of (a) a recipient claims the award and (b) the list of interviewed applicants is exhausted, in which case WiFi Tribe will invite the next three highest-scoring applicants to interview.
- The scholarship winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release where permitted by law, as well as accepting and agreeing to WiFi Tribe’s Terms and Conditions regarding Rin60. The winner will also need to provide information necessary for compliance with any applicable tax laws. Failure to comply may be grounds for disqualification.
- There is no cash component, nor any cash alternative offered for this award. All travel and associated expenses will be paid directly to the supplier by WiFi Tribe. However, WiFi Tribe reserves the right to substitute an award of equal or greater value, or (for the mentoring portion of an award) cash equivalent, if the award becomes unavailable or for any other reason, in WiFi Tribe’s discretion. Awards are not transferable. Awards may not be returned to WiFi Tribe. No warranty or guarantee, express or implied, is provided with respect to the Scholarship Program or any award. The Recipient must take possession of the Award upon delivery. WiFi Tribe will have no obligation or liability for any Awards returned due to inability to deliver to the recipient’s specified address. Awards consist only of the items expressly specified in these Scholarships Official Rules.
- All expenses or costs associated with the acceptance or use of the awards, including without limitation any additional required services or equipment, are the responsibility of the recipient.
6. Submission Requirements
By providing WiFi Tribe with any information or materials (collectively and individually, "Submission Materials") in connection with the Scholarship Program (whether or not your Application qualifies or is accepted by WiFi Tribe), you grant WiFi Tribe a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, modify, reproduce, distribute, display, publish and perform your Submission Materials in connection with the Scholarship Program and publicizing winners. You hereby represent and warrant that you have all rights, title, and interest necessary to submit and for WiFi Tribe and any others associated with the Scholarship Program to receive, accept, modify, reproduce, distribute, display, publish, perform and otherwise use the Submission Materials.
You represent and warrant to WiFi Tribe that your Submission Material (and participation in the Scholarship Program) and WiFi Tribe’s possession and use of Submission Material as contemplated in these Scholarships Official Rules: (1) do not and will not violate, infringe, or misappropriate any third party’s copyright, trademark, right of privacy or publicity, or other personal or proprietary right; and (2) do not contain any matter that is defamatory, obscene, unlawful, threatening, abusive, tortious, offensive, harassing, or that otherwise do not comply with these Scholarships Official Rules.
You will ensure that any Submission Materials that you provide to WiFi Tribe or any other person or entity in connection with the Scholarships Program will not contain any virus, spyware, or other malicious code or programming. Technical Problems & Termination WiFi Tribe reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this Scholarship Program in the event of unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, infection by computer viruses or bugs, tampering, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of WiFi Tribe that, in WiFi Tribe’s determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Scholarship Program. In the event of termination of the Scholarship Program, a notice will be posted online.
7. Use of Personal Information, Name, and Likeness
Acceptance of an award (or any portion of an award) constitutes permission for WiFi Tribe and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and licensees to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. You agree to participate in any and all future marketing assets that WiFi Tribe may choose to create directly related to the Remote in 60 Days Scholarship, including video and written interviews, created either by WiFi Tribe, or by third-party partners or press. All marketing materials created as a result of the Scholarship award become the sole property of WiFi Tribe and will not be returned.
In the event that any provision of these Official Rules will be determined to be illegal or unenforceable, that provision will be first revised to give the maximum permissible effect to its original intent or, if such revision is not permitted, that specific provision will be eliminated so that these Official Rules will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, BY ENTERING INTO THE SCHOLARSHIPS PROGRAM, YOU RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD HARMLESS WIFI TRIBE AND ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS AND AGENTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM JUDGES AND MENTORS) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR INJURIES, LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM AND THE AWARDS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE ENTRY PROCESS, THE APPLICATION AND ACCEPTANCE AND JUDGING PROCESSES, AND THE ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE, PARTICIPATION IN, OR POSSESSION OF THE AWARD(S). BECAUSE SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION, RELEASE OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, CERTAIN OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE FULL EXTENT SET OUT ABOVE.
Wifi Tribe reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIPS PROGRAM IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WIFI TRIBE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
WiFi Tribe is not responsible for (a) lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed, or misdirected entries; (b) incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information, or any other human or technical errors of any kind relating to the submission, collection, storage or processing of entries or the administration of the Scholarship Program; (c) undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s email account to receive e-mail; (d) damage to any computer system resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this promotion; (e) any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Scholarship Program or in the announcement of any prize; or (f) the acts or omissions of any third party, and any internet or website hosting provider.
Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Scholarship Program or use or redemption of any award.
9. Dispute Resolution
These Scholarship Official Rules are made under, and will be construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of Delaware applicable to agreements and rules made and to be performed solely therein, without giving effect to principles of conflicts of law. The parties agree that any dispute or controversy arising out of, relating to, or in connection with this Agreement or the transactions contemplated hereby will be arbitrated pursuant to the Delaware Rapid Arbitration Act, 10 Del. C. §5801, et. seq. The arbitration will take place in Dover, Delaware, or such other location as the parties (each in their sole discretion) and arbitrator may agree. The arbitration will be presided over by one arbitrator, who will be chosen by mutual agreement of the parties. In the event the parties are unable to agree upon the identity of the arbitrator, either party may file a petition with the Court of Chancery of the State of Delaware pursuant to Section 5805 of the Delaware Rapid Arbitration Act to have an arbitrator appointed. ARBITRATION SHALL PROCEED SOLELY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS WITHOUT THE RIGHT FOR ANY CLAIMS TO BE ARBITRATED ON A CLASS ACTION BASIS OR ON BASES INVOLVING CLAIMS BROUGHT IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF OTHERS. THE ARBITRATOR’S AUTHORITY TO RESOLVE AND MAKE WRITTEN AWARDS IS LIMITED TO CLAIMS BETWEEN YOU AND WIFI TRIBE ALONE. CLAIMS MAY NOT BE JOINED OR CONSOLIDATED UNLESS AGREED TO IN WRITING BY ALL PARTIES. No arbitration award or decision will have any preclusive effect as to issues or claims in any dispute with anyone who is not a named party to the arbitration. Notwithstanding any other provision in Scholarships Official Rules, if any portion of the immediately preceding four sentences is deemed invalid or unenforceable, then the remaining provisions of this paragraph will be enforced to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. Winners’ Names If you would like to know the names of the winners, send us a letter request, including your name and email address (for our response), no later than 3 months after the final winner announcement, to: 8 the Green Suite, #7632, Dover, Delaware, 19901, USA.
WiFi Tribe recognises that there is no international agreement on the number of countries that exist and what they are, and that some of the countries listed here, or not listed here, may be politically controversial. WiFi Tribe takes no political stand on these issues. The countries categorised by region in these Official Rules are wholly for the basis of organizing the Scholarship Program.
Any country listed here does not necessarily mean that residents of that country are permitted to apply. Applicants are still subject to the Eligibility criteria as set forth in this document with relation to permitted countries.