Become Our Tribe Support Lead
WiFi Tribe is a community of 1,071 remote professionals from 62 nationalities. For the last 5 years, we have been traveling the world together with our members, living in a different city every month.
Due to the global pandemic, the interest in what we do has exploded. We're now expanding our team and looking for a talented person to help our members get on the road and take on the world with us.
The Tribe Support Lead is the centre point of all communication with our members and soon-to-be members. Tribe Support is our WiFi Tribe term for customer success.
This is definitely a hands-on role. It's all about obsessing over great communication, making quick decisions, guiding our members through their journey with us, helping them solve problems and challenges they face along the way, doing everything in your power to encourage (the right) people to join and to keep coming back, and building the processes and systems that will take our support team to the next level.
You will be both the voice of WiFi Tribe and the voice of our members at the same time, as you champion for their concerns and perspectives in front of the rest of the team. You will also be applying your natural sales talent to help accepted members make the decision to join the Tribe and to ensure that our Chapters are always fully booked.
This is a fully remote role, with the opportunity to join some of our Chapters and travel with our members too!
Why Does WiFi Tribe Exist?
We all need human connection and to feel that we belong. We've evolved and survived as tribes and communities. But now, with billions of people living in mega cities, we're more disconnected than ever. We've traded comfort, success, and belongings for what really matters: human connection. Oh, and, where has our sense of adventure and discovery gone?!
At WiFi Tribe, we believe that a rich, fulfilling life boils down to three things:
- deep, meaningful relationships
- a collection of wonderful experiences, and
- the sense of purpose we find when we are making a real difference in other people's lives.
Who We Are (Our Culture)
We are family. We’re a small, tight-knit team and although we’re fully remote, we take every chance to be together. We look out for one another and cheer each other on.
We’re obsessed with this community. We have all chosen to join the team, first and foremost, because we love this community; a place where remarkable people from all over the world meet to take on the journey of life together.
We’re as diverse as the United Nations. Our team of 13 comes from 10 different countries. Many of us have become permanently nomadic global citizens, as we travel the world side-by-side with our members.
We’re small but mighty. What we don’t have in numbers, we make up for in determination and resourcefulness. We’re nifty, we’re inventive and we don’t give up.
We are brave. We don’t compromise when it comes to our values, our mission, or who we are. Every member of our team has the courage to stand up for what they believe in and challenge bad ideas. We know that doing the right thing always pays off in the end.
We care. We take full ownership of our work because we take pride in everything we do. We care about how we show up and who or what we’re becoming. And of course, we care about our teammates and our customers members.
We’re explorers at heart. We’re curious and adaptable, which is why each of us chose to take on this crazy challenge of building a global community and a startup at the same time. Everyone on the team has lived, worked, and travelled with the Tribe for at least a month – some of us for years. Joining this team means embarking on the biggest adventure of your career… but don’t worry, you’re in good company.
We lead with humility. We don’t compete for wealth, titles, or status; we’re driven by passion and excitement for our mission. There is no space for big egos here.
We treat people right. There is never a good enough reason to treat someone without dignity and respect. We challenge ourselves to treat others the way they would want to be treated.
Who You Are
- You’re a skilled customer experience manager. You’ve got 1-2 years of experience in customer happiness and success. This won’t be your first time building out systems and optimising the customer experience department.
- You’re able to understand how others feel. You’re able to put yourself in the shoes of our members, especially those who are new to our community and this lifestyle. It takes courage and determination to make this lifestyle a reality and a leap of faith to join our community.
- You have a mind for strategy. You enjoy taking on a challenging goal and working backwards to make it happen. You spend time thinking about how your work fits into the bigger picture and how to achieve your desired outcome.
- You set your own course. As long as you know clearly where you’re going, you know that you’ll be able to figure out how to get there. You don’t wait for someone to tell you what to do.
- You’re super organised. You can work systematically and manage to keep on top of everything. You hate to leave things unfinished and always circle back around to make sure that everything has been taken care of.
- You obsess over details. You put care and attention into everything you do; your choice of words, the structure of your email, and even the punctuation. You know that the way that you write has a big impact on how the person on the other end feels.
- You love to communicate in writing. You’re one of the best writers you know. You know that you can convince anyone if you can just write them an email. You’re quick at it and you feel totally at ease with words!
- You’re a natural at sales. You have a natural talent when it comes to talking to people’s needs and emotions, and helping them overcome their blockers. Maybe, you don’t quite identify as a sales person because it’s such a subtle and natural way to communicate for you and you dislike the negative stigma that comes with sales, but you know you’re great at it.
- You enjoy solving problems. If there’s a challenge, you will find a win-win outcome. You dig deep until you understand what is truly going on under the surface that might have been left unsaid.
- It’s in your nature to help others. You care deeply about fairness and you’re always looking out for others. You’re the person who others come to for help and you love being that person.
- You’re a quick decision-maker. Analysis paralysis is not something you suffer from. You’re able to quickly assess a situation and respond thoughtfully but without overthinking it.
- You don’t crack under pressure. You don’t shy away from addressing conflict. You know that at the other end of conflict is usually just frustration that needs to be voiced, understood and talked through.
- You’re a tinkerer. In your professional career so far, you’ve noticed that you’re always making improvements, big or small. You can’t sit still because you know that there’s always something that can be made better. You love doing things efficiently.
Things You Might Do
- Take ownership over Tribe Support. This means managing the department, overseeing all email communication with the WiFi Tribe community, and being the champion/voice for our members to the rest of the team.
- Help applicants who were accepted by our Admissions team in making their decision to join the community, and make their onboarding journey smooth.
- Advise members of what Chapters might be best suited for their journey and discuss concerns.
- Write member-facing documentation, PDFs, and communications to inform the community about big updates.
- Set aside time to make impactful, long-term improvements and carefully document all processes within your department.
Requires Skills & Experience
- 2+ years working as a customer success manager
- Experience in a sales role
- Impeccable grammar and eloquent written English
- Ideally, you’re comfortable with design tools and have basic design skills to make documents look good
Perks & Compensation
- $30,000 - $50,000 p.a. for full-time (but the role will likely start as part-time)
- The chance to take on a key role in a (still) small but growing start-up, positioned with a strong brand in a market that has just blown up overnight
- Fully remote work (from wherever in the world you feel most productive)
- A month of working from anywhere on us; join one of our Chapters (worth ~$2,500) so that you can soak in the experience, travel and work remotely alongside our community, and learn from incredibly talented remote professionals
- Be part of a tight-knit community of 1,071 remote-working, entrepreneurial professionals and build your global network
- Sponsored learning resources (e-books, audiobooks, online courses, etc.)
How to Apply
Our application process has 5 stages:
- Please send in your application through this form by October 8th
- The second stage involves more written questions
- The third stage is a video interview call
- We may ask you to provide additional professional references
- The final stage is an interview with our CEO and COO
Deadline: Friday, October 8th, at 11pm CET (5pm ET). Click here to add a reminder to your calendar so you don't miss the deadline!
We look forward to reviewing your application!